Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson controls the dominoes in Committing

You will have spiked yourself, crashed through my wall, and scooped me up on your way to Blackout City then ... because I will be drowning drunk in orange kool-aid if it does happen.
silly man...orange kool-aid doesnt get you drunk...maybe fat and happy if not fat free...but c'mon the 'Cuse RENASCENCE IS UPON US!

Just shows how apathetic we've become in terms of hoops recruiting. A top 30 player is about to commit to SU and the news is buried in an old thread with picks of favorite beers. Geez.

Just shows how apathetic we've become in terms of hoops recruiting. A top 30 player is about to commit to SU and the news is buried in an old thread with picks of favorite beers. Geez.
IF... still a big if... he does commit I'm sure there will be the proper excitement

I should probably clarify ... I don't have any problem with it if he chooses to wait and see if anyone leaves before committing, but I do have a problem if we were to offer a scholarship that doesn't yet exist & that player commits before anyone has declared. I want to believe SU is doing the former, but I don't know what these kids are being told. It just seems like from the sound of some fans here that they only care about getting Dakari to commit ASAP, consequences be damned. That's not a good idea.

Every school offers more scholarships than they have. The reason is because kids look at more than one school, so they know they won't get every kid they offer. But you have to put in the legwork in order to be in a place to have a chance at getting a kid. You give them an offer. But those offers are always conditional.

I think we all understand your concerns about being in the situation where you have more kids who want to accept your offer, than spots available. You have been extremely consistent in this view. The board, in its many iterations, has always disparaged certain coaches who have a propensity to get in the above situation.

JB, to my knowledge, has never been in that situation. I would assume that, given the number of years he has been head coach, and the fact that he has never been in that situation, it's a fairly safe bet that he has things under control.

Feel free to flame me if said situation occurs, but, I think it is safe to say you should relax a little bit.

Wake me up after Roberson commits. Thank you in advance. P.S. does proficiency in dominos have any bearing on playing basketball?

23773007.jpg

Congrats on a great choice Mr. Roberson! Now the question we all want to know and argue about is what are you drinking to celebrate? :)
Seriously this is great news (on two fronts, 6) welcome!!!!!!​