Robert Braswell IV | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is that Braswell sticks on a NBA roster, after 2 years as a South Carolina Gamecock...

After the first exhibition I was very high on Braswell and I like the little he showed last year, still do. But it comes down to this:
  1. Braswell is Hughes's backup and Elijah isn't leaving the floor unless necessary.
  2. At the 4 he'll only see minutes if Dolezaj is at the 5 and Guerrier has earned some bench time.
  3. He's clearly #9 in my opinion and the difference between him and Edwards is Edwards is a 5 only and Braswell is a 3/4. I see an extra few minutes at the 5 spot being more likely to be available than at the 3/4 combined.
I think he's talented enough to contribute. That may not be enough to get him much time this year. Reports of our demise are a little premature. I think it will be a fun team to watch develop.

After the first exhibition I was very high on Braswell and I like the little he showed last year, still do. But it comes down to this:
  1. Braswell is Hughes's backup and Elijah isn't leaving the floor unless necessary.
  2. At the 4 he'll only see minutes if Dolezaj is at the 5 and Guerrier has earned some bench time.
  3. He's clearly #9 in my opinion and the difference between him and Edwards is Edwards is a 5 only and Braswell is a 3/4. I see an extra few minutes at the 5 spot being more likely to be available than at the 3/4 combined.
I think he's talented enough to contribute. That may not be enough to get him much time this year. Reports of our demise are a little premature. I think it will be a fun team to watch develop.
Braswell is a stretch 4 not a 3. Guerrier is more of a 3 the Braswell. If Braswell can rebound he will play. I see the game as front court and back court, so looking at our front court we has 4 guys for 3 spots and he is number 5 but 2 of those 4 guys (Guerrier and Sidibe) are question marks who don't look to be 30mins a night guys. 120 mins on the front line Elijah takes 40 min, Dolezaj 30 min, Sidibe 20min (Maybe) Guerrier 25min (hopefully) we are still 5 minutes short and no one is in foul trouble.

Last edited:
kevin durant lol. we're talking about our roster with braswell. not an nba team with kevin durant.
We are talking about 6'9" guys being at the 3 point line. Height was the point of the OP, not talent.

Braswell is a stretch 4 not a 3. Guerrier is more of a 3 the Braswell. If Braswell can rebound he will play. I see the game as front court and back court, so looking at our front court we has 4 guys for 3 spots and he is number 5 but 2 of those 4 guys (Guerrier and Sidibe) are question marks who don't look to be 30mins a night guys. 120 mins on the front line Elijah takes 40 min, Dolezaj 30 min, Sidibe 20min (Maybe) Guerrier 25min (hopefully) we are still 5 minutes short and no one is in foul trouble.
Pretty much agree. At center, Sid's inconsistency on the glass and lack of scoring could limit him to 16-18 minutes. Edwards may get some time there to help on the glass, maybe 10 minutes. And as much as it pains me, MD can help there. He doesn't block shots. And he gets pushed out. But he's long. He can score. And his veteran's BB IQ is invaluable. So I wouldn't be shocked if he spent 10-15 minutes at forward and 10-15 minutes at the 5.

At forward, of the 80 minutes Hughes will eat up 35. I don't see Guerrier reaching 20 (streaky offense, young), and MD will get at least 10-15 depending on how much time he spends in the middle. So pretty much anyway you look at it, there should be 10-15 minutes available for Bras - assuming he continues playing well. He's long, athletic on D and can stretch the floor.

Last edited:
MCW couldn’t hit the side of a barn his frost year.
All 4 guards won't play MCW could barely get off the bench his freshmen year and he was better then than any guard we have today.

he's more fluid than dirty and seems to be a better athlete

in addition to his shooting, james was a solid defender, sometimes a very good one. bobby looks like he can be just as good if not better

southerland was not good on the offensive glass, a function of spotting up on the perimeter so often. but he was as good as can be expected (playing in the zone) on the defensive glass. hoping braswell can equal or surpass him in both

wasnt he the genesis of “even a dead man can get one rebound” quote

He's used that line a few times. Most recently it was about Southerland when he got a start against (Pitt? Marquette?) in 2011 after Kris Joseph got concussed against Cincinnati and was held out for a game or two.

He's used that line a few times. Most recently it was about Southerland when he got a start against (Pitt? Marquette?) in 2011 after Kris Joseph got concussed against Cincinnati and was held out for a game or two.

were all right!!!

If we aren't winning with MD in there, JB needs to play Bras, he has a lot of skills.

Based on a very small sample size, it appears that RBIV is going to be difficult to keep off the floor. People were bullish last year and more people, so far this year, are even more bullish. Amazing how a kid who was a 200+ recruit, and a very late signee, has seemingly developed into a much more complete player. Lots of players competing for minutes so he will need to continue to stand out. I think his upside is one of the highest on the team.

Roberson too i believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors