Robert Braswell IV | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braswell is a stretch 4 not a 3. Guerrier is more of a 3 the Braswell. If Braswell can rebound he will play. I see the game as front court and back court, so looking at our front court we has 4 guys for 3 spots and he is number 5 but 2 of those 4 guys (Guerrier and Sidibe) are question marks who don't look to be 30mins a night guys. 120 mins on the front line Elijah takes 40 min, Dolezaj 30 min, Sidibe 20min (Maybe) Guerrier 25min (hopefully) we are still 5 minutes short and no one is in foul trouble.
I think people compare sizes to a 3 or 4. Guerrier is definatly a 4 in a 3 height. He rebounds like a 4 and sadly shoots like a non stretch 4. Braswell plays like a 3 in a 4 body height wise. Marek is a four in point forward terms but plays tough even though he isn’t big, just tall.

Waiting to see more of Braswell, if he can draw defenders as a shooting threat and rebound then he’ll earn the role over Marek.

We know what we have in Marek. He’s a hustler and grinder. He needs to progress as an offensive threat and bang for more boards.

Because he might be the best 3 point shooter we've ever had.
That shocks me that you would think that. Think Buddy is a good shooter, but very prone to streakyness. Can see him going 1-7 from three on any given night...

That shocks me that you would think that. Think Buddy is a good shooter, but very prone to streakyness. Can see him going 1-7 from three on any given night...

He shot over 40% in ACC play as a freshman. That should only get better. The only other players that i know of who have done that are Gbinije, White, and Malachi and Mali was the only freshman.

i mean, the beating he took from the bench, i dont think helped.

He would just zone out. Some kids just aren’t motivated consistently. I remember Hop, who is considered a plugged in motivating coach, expressing his inability to reach Tyler who he knew had remarkable physical athletic ability to excel. Teammates also tried to reach him with no luck, he was a nice kid but an introvert, who just wasn’t motivated to perform to outside expectations. He’s having a decent career overseas but not an exceptional one just like at SU. He answers only to the beat of his own drummer as they say. You can see his stats for 2018-2019 in the Greek League here.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Roberson

He’s still relatively young 24 going on 25 but I think he’s frustrated plenty of coaches using multiple methods to motivate him who see the obvious glimpses of his talent and potential only to realize that he alone controls his expectations and energy expended on the court night to night.

I think people compare sizes to a 3 or 4. Guerrier is definatly a 4 in a 3 height. He rebounds like a 4 and sadly shoots like a non stretch 4. Braswell plays like a 3 in a 4 body height wise. Marek is a four in point forward terms but plays tough even though he isn’t big, just tall.

I agree it is complete opinion, but I generally look at ball handling 3s need to be able to handle the ball better than 4s. Nowadays its not that simple but I don't see Braswell being able to beat someone off the dribble something a 3 needs to be able to do. Guerrier has a better handle IMO, but he could easily be seen as an undersized 4. Guerrier is by far the more physically player.

I agree it is complete opinion, but I generally look at ball handling 3s need to be able to handle the ball better than 4s. Nowadays its not that simple but I don't see Braswell being able to beat someone off the dribble something a 3 needs to be able to do. Guerrier has a better handle IMO, but he could easily be seen as an undersized 4. Guerrier is by far the more physically player.

More than ever it feels like basketball becomes more positionless and skill oriented than traditional hoops. You need size to rebound and defend but who handles it and gets the offense going varies more every year. I think this year as much as any year we need to be 10 deep in order to put the pieces in the game who help us win. I don't think that looks the same after the top 6-7 usual suspects every game. 8-10 maybe even 7-10 is going to deviate.

Braswell has to be able to be a 3 and D guy to get minutes. That means a glue guy of sorts like Marek but doing different things. If he is active in the zone, good on the boards and hitting a few shots he will get minutes. Similarly if Quincy is using his strength around the hoop, cutting off passing lanes on D and rebounding he will be out there a lot. Once Marek gets his offensive game going , especially his shot, he is going to be tough to keep on the bench. It would not surprise me to see Marek's offense come to life once the real competition comes to town.

He shot over 40% in ACC play as a freshman. That should only get better. The only other players that i know of who have done that are Gbinije, White, and Malachi and Mali was the only freshman.

With Buddy's stroke I have no doubt he'll be at 40% throughout his career here, unless he is on a team where he is the only threat.

Kid can shoot, he's so much better this year with the ball.

With Buddy's stroke I have no doubt he'll be at 40% throughout his career here, unless he is on a team where he is the only threat.

Kid can shoot, he's so much better this year with the ball.

His ability to create some looks for himself is going to be really important. He looks stronger too. In games where we have to play a lot in the half court i do think his minutes will be extremely high.

Last edited:
His ability to create some looks for himself is going to be really important. He looks stronger too. In games where we have to play a lot in the half court i do think his minutes will be extremely high.

I don't think him creating his own shots needs to be complicated either. Him being able to shoot off the dribble as a PnR ball-handler consistently creates a lot of issues for defenses.

He would just zone out. Some kids just aren’t motivated consistently. I remember Hop, who is considered a plugged in motivating coach, expressing his inability to reach Tyler who he knew had remarkable physical athletic ability to excel. Teammates also tried to reach him with no luck, he was a nice kid but an introvert, who just wasn’t motivated to perform to outside expectations. He’s having a decent career overseas but not an exceptional one just like at SU. He answers only to the beat of his own drummer as they say. You can see his stats for 2018-2019 in the Greek League here.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Roberson

He’s still relatively young 24 going on 25 but I think he’s frustrated plenty of coaches using multiple methods to motivate him who see the obvious glimpses of his talent and potential only to realize that he alone controls his expectations and energy expended on the court night to night.

Prob just needed to be screamed at more and berated publically... like any shy 20 year old would.

Last season, Dolezaj committed 5.1 fouls per 40 minutes while attempting 5.1 field goals per 40 minutes. Unless both change in the desired direction, Braswell will get plenty of opportunities to play this season.

Agree

Last season, Dolezaj committed 5.1 fouls per 40 minutes while attempting 5.1 field goals per 40 minutes. Unless both change in the desired direction, Braswell will get plenty of opportunities to play this season.

Exactly... and JB held Dolezaj back from fouling out in quit a few games...

If Braswell can give 15 minutes a games it will help all that out. JB won’t have to worry about Dolezaj fouling out and Dol can play the way he needs to play to be most affective.

Exactly... and JB held Dolezaj back from fouling out in quit a few games...

If Braswell can give 15 minutes a games it will help all that out. JB won’t have to worry about Dolezaj fouling out and Dol can play the way he needs to play to be most affective.

Guerrier is in that mix too

ANY volume three point shooter will have nights where they go 1-7 or 2-10 or something similar. It's the nature of beast. Buddy is very good, and quite consistent, as he showed once he settled in as a freshman.

We have to play Braswell. Guerrier was 0-4 with 0 rebounds in 13mins. It the very least he will pull a big out the lane which will provide driving lanes for our guards.

neither marek nor carey should feel too secure in their positions. there is quality depth pushing both of them. and that is the difference between being on & being off sanctions
the depth behind marek seems to have been overestimated
not so for jalen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online