Robert Braswell IV | Syracusefan.com

Robert Braswell IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Based on a very small sample size, it appears that RBIV is going to be difficult to keep off the floor. People were bullish last year and more people, so far this year, are even more bullish. Amazing how a kid who was a 200+ recruit, and a very late signee, has seemingly developed into a much more complete player. Lots of players competing for minutes so he will need to continue to stand out. I think his upside is one of the highest on the team.

Based on a very small sample size, it appears that RBIV is going to be difficult to keep off the floor. People were bullish last year and more people, so far this year, are even more bullish. Amazing how a kid who was a 200+ recruit, and a very late signee, has seemingly developed into a much more complete player. Lots of players competing for minutes so he will need to continue to stand out. I think his upside is one of the highest on the team.
I believe he wasn't ranked because his mom is in the military and spent time overseas.

Hope he can rebound, thatll keep him on the floor when he’s not knocking down shots.
No question that he needs to get a lot stronger but I think he has a nose for the ball. Likes to be in the middle of the action.

I think he is our third best player. Kid has as good a stroke as we have seen from s 6'9 6'10 player. He hustles and isn't afraid to mix it up inside. He can play the 3/4 so i see him spelling Hughes and O' Canada.

We shall see...let’s be honest we haven’t played anyone yet to make that kind of a judgement in him. Guerrier will get the bulk of the minutes. I suggest moving braswell to center but we shall see what happens

I think he is our third best player. Kid has as good a stroke as we have seen from s 6'9 6'10 player. He hustles and isn't afraid to mix it up inside. He can play the 3/4 so i see him spelling Hughes and O' Canada.

He’s listed at 6’7.

Could’ve sworn he was listed as 6’8 last year, but could be wrong but it definitely says 6’7 this year.

He’s listed at 6’7.

Could’ve sworn he was listed as 6’8 last year, but could be wrong but it definitely says 6’7 this year.
He was actually listed at 6'9" last year.
1572223578792.gif

One box score credited him with 1 block the other one with 3 blocks, obviously that is a big difference. For those who saw the game (I listened on the radio) was it one or three?

Love the Southerland comparison. Always thought his game was similar. Hopefully he can have a similar career here as well.
he's more fluid than dirty and seems to be a better athlete

in addition to his shooting, james was a solid defender, sometimes a very good one. bobby looks like he can be just as good if not better

southerland was not good on the offensive glass, a function of spotting up on the perimeter so often. but he was as good as can be expected (playing in the zone) on the defensive glass. hoping braswell can equal or surpass him in both

One box score credited him with 1 block the other one with 3 blocks, obviously that is a big difference. For those who saw the game (I listened on the radio) was it one or three?

I remember one from behind, that was a heck of a play. I remember another where he rotated over and it looked clean but they called a foul. Not sure beyond that.

What was notable for me was JB's response to Braswell going 6-7 from the field, 3-4 from 3, 2-2 from the line. He made it seem like he has been shooting it well in practice and that shot will be available in our offense. He even implied that he has been shooting better than Dolezaj, which is why I think he plays a significant role on this year's team.

So he went from 6 9 to 6 7...in just saying right now we really don’t know about our centers...these ACC teams are going to destroy us down low. Our guards are just very inexperienced and honestly I am not sold on Carey yet. He is thinking way too much out there and he should because Goodine looks better and so does Girard in some situations...plus Boeheim he still looks slow to me idk I think we are in for a long year

So he went from 6 9 to 6 7...in just saying right now we really don’t know about our centers...these ACC teams are going to destroy us down low. Our guards are just very inexperienced and honestly I am not sold on Carey yet. He is thinking way too much out there and he should because Goodine looks better and so does Girard in some situations...plus Boeheim he still looks slow to me idk I think we are in for a long year
It's like the anti-Rothstein.

I remember one from behind, that was a heck of a play. I remember another where he rotated over and it looked clean but they called a foul. Not sure beyond that.
that second block was bailed out by a bad call imo. He quickly doubled in the post and walled straight up.

Whether he’s 6’7 or 6’9 - he’s skinny and doesn’t really play a physical inside game. Don’t think he’d be helping our potential rebounding/interior problems from the center spot and that’s obviously not his spot long term. We’ve got 3 pure centers in the program now, plus an older guy who has at least played the spot in Marek.

Braswell is a skinny athlete who likes to shoot 3’s. Classic SU tweener forward at this point IMO, and if he improves his handle he’s probably more of a 3 than anything, though in many years our 3 and 4 are pretty interchangeable.

He can really do a lot of things, and I think the comparison to a rich mans James Southerland is apt. The real issue though is that having played so few minutes we haven’t gotten to evaluate his body language and I think they will be key to figuring out just what kind of player he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom