Robert Pattinson as Batman | Syracusefan.com

Robert Pattinson as Batman

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Matthew McConaughey as Harvey Dent, Riddler casted along with I believe Colin Farell as the Penguin.

Calling it now, Robert will be a fantastic Batman/Bruce

Maybe it's just me, but how many freaking Batman (and for that matter, Spiderman) movies do we need? Especially the ones that tell essentially the same story.

I truly don't get it (other than the whole money grab thing...).

This rant should probably be in the H0t Takes thread. ;)

Maybe it's just me, but how many freaking Batman (and for that matter, Spiderman) movies do we need? Especially the ones that tell essentially the same story.

This rant should probably be in the H0t Takes thread.
Understandable, but I guess this take is to be more towards being a great/resourceful detective rather than a macho fighting superhero. Regardless, America loves Batman.

This rant should probably be in the H0t Takes thread. ;)

We need at least as many as we need Spiderman reboots. I got to saturation with superhero movies about 10 years ago and they just keep coming! We seem to be trending toward a place where the term "movie" simply means a motion picture about superheroes. There will be no other type.

We need at least as many as we need Spiderman reboots. I got to saturation with superhero movies about 10 years ago and they just keep coming! We seem to be trending toward a place where the term "movie" simply means a motion picture about superheroes. There will be no other type.
I’m no expert, but this issue kind of mirrors the actual comic world. There are umpteen different Batman stories on a comic shelf. You have Batman, Dark Knight, etc.
You have Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, etc. The Toby McGuire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Man’s were not part of MCU, while the new ones with Tom Holland are. I did not bother with the old ones, but these new ones with the young kid are great.

I had to google Robert Pattinson. Never heard of him, and apparently never seen a single movie in his filmography.

I’ll never voluntarily watch a Harry Potter or Twilight movie... anything else he has done that is worth seeing (and not geared toward the 10-18 crowd)?

I had to google Robert Pattinson. Never heard of him, and apparently never seen a single movie in his filmography.

I’ll never voluntarily watch a Harry Potter or Twilight movie... anything else he has done that is worth seeing (and not geared toward the 10-18 crowd)?
Harry Potter? Really?

Ive not seen it, but The Lighthouse is getting great reviews.

I've never watched any of the Twilight stuff, either. And only pieces, incidentally, of Harry Potter. But, Pattinson is really good in a movie called The Rover (now on Netflix). With Guy Pierce.

Surprised not to see any mention/reviews of The Batman here.

I saw it last night.

It’s not perfect, but it is a pretty spectacular piece of filmmaking. Incredible directing.

Pattinson was pretty good. Looks better in the suit than as Bruce Wayne, where he looks like a damp goth collegian.

Zoe Kravitz… she’s got somethin’.

I didn’t recognize Colin Farrell. Totally forgot.

Gotham itself was an amazing ‘character.’

I have not really liked the Christopher Nolan films. I loved the darkness, but not Nolan’s storytelling. This film is quite dark, as well, but it just made sense and flowed in a way i don’t find in Nolan’s signature indulgences.

I liked it. Didn't feel long to me. There was only one time when I felt bored, but the movie needed to take a slow beat.

Kravitz as Catwoman was the best part. Riddler was a good villain. I liked that Batman seemed more like a weird, crazy guy than a supernatural force. Plus, he takes some shots, there were a few times where I genuinely wasn't sure how things were going to go.

Agree that Gotham as a character was done well. The city needs to feel like a sucky place to live, for everyone. Mission accomplished.

I saw it last night.

It’s not perfect, but it is a pretty spectacular piece of filmmaking. Incredible directing.

Pattinson was pretty good. Looks better in the suit than as Bruce Wayne, where he looks like a damp goth collegian.

I have not really liked the Christopher Nolan films. I loved the darkness, but not Nolan’s storytelling. This film is quite dark, as well, but it just made sense and flowed in a way i don’t find in Nolan’s signature indulgences.

Heard that he was playing The Batman. Hated the idea. I was so wrong. This is my favorite Batman movie, period. Everything about it was just so good. Even the soundtrack is amazing.

I saw it last night.

I enjoyed the film a lot. Was prepared not to like Pattinson, but thought he was fine.

Agree that he looked odd as Bruce Wayne as portrayed, but he nailed the in-costume part.

I liked that the film focused as much on his intelligence / innate detective capabilities as the action. Thought that the majority of fight scenes were well done.

The only two minor quibbles I have:

First, I thought that it was an interesting concept to have the Batmobile be a muscle car -- hadn't been done before. But all of the exposed engine, structural stuff didn't make a ton of sense to me. Seems like it would be easily damaged.

Second, the film felt like it was too long -- packed just a little bit too much in. Felt like there was a denouement after they caught Falcone, then the movie went another full hour. Might have benefitted from being a little more tightly compressed, or not trying to do quite as much.

But overall -- best DC movie yet, in my opinion. Given how saturated the Batman franchise is, they needed to do some things differently, and they did.

Loved the innovation about the camcorder contact lenses.

I enjoyed the film a lot. Was prepared not to like Pattinson, but thought he was fine.

Agree that he looked odd as Bruce Wayne as portrayed, but he nailed the in-costume part.

I liked that the film focused as much on his intelligence / innate detective capabilities as the action. Thought that the majority of fight scenes were well done.

The only two minor quibbles I have:

First, I thought that it was an interesting concept to have the Batmobile be a muscle car -- hadn't been done before. But all of the exposed engine, structural stuff didn't make a ton of sense to me. Seems like it would be easily damaged.

Second, the film felt like it was too long -- packed just a little bit too much in. Felt like there was a denouement after they caught Falcone, then the movie went another full hour. Might have benefitted from being a little more tightly compressed, or not trying to do quite as much.

But overall -- best DC movie yet, in my opinion. Given how saturated the Batman franchise is, they needed to do some things differently, and they did.

Loved the innovation about the camcorder contact lenses.
I think the raw “muscle car” thing was in line with him being a more realistic DIYer than previous Batmen. It’s a homemade vehicle, not something that looks like it was designed by a future defense contractor. It’s just him, and it didn’t look like Alfred had anything to do with it and there was no Lucius Fox, was there? I guess if we are to suspend disbelief to allow that no one ever shoots Batman in the face, we can allow that the Batmobile‘s exposed parts aren’t vulnerable. Kinda like a dune buggy, maybe?

Agreed, that the storyline felt extended. I thought the film was going to end, intentionally leaving some elements to be resolved in the next film, but then it went ahead and ran significantly longer. But, I wasn’t bored. I think part of that, for me, is my age. I used to watch movies at home straight through—no interruptions permitted. Complete focus. Now, I usually break movies up and watch them a third or a half in a night. And half the time, I’m playing spider solitaire…. This film felt long, but not in a way where I was just wishing it would end, as I do with a lot of blockbusters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom