Rochester High School coach | Syracusefan.com

Rochester High School coach

orangejunkie

Starter
I was talking with a Rochester coach that has played the Bishop Kearney coach and seen Obokoh and Bryant first hand. He was VERY impressed with Bryant. He feels he is a major talent. I mentioned that even as a freshman he didn't put up big numbers. The coach mentioned that the guards on the team took a ton of shots and that limited the touches for Bryant and Okokoh. He compared Bryant to Ryan Blackwell. Not a big leaper but extremely coordinated for his size/age. Maybe with time in the weight room he will develop some more explosiveness.

I asked him about Obokoh. He didn't seem to feel that Obokoh has as high a ceiling. He is more of a defensive shot blocker and rebounder at this stage. He came from Africa and doesn't have the years in the game. He did say that Obokoh has very good hands. That has been my knock on SU's backup center. I'm beginning to like the idea of Obokoh as an Orangeman. It is always great to get top 20 talent but you have to build your team with some 4 year guys. Potentially getting physical type players like Obokoh and Coleman would add a dimension that our team has lacked since the days of Jackson and Onuaku (sp?).