Rochester or 21??? | Syracusefan.com

Rochester or 21???

Shermthegeneral

Starter
This might be the worst thread topics ever but I was just reading the mookie thread and they were talking about the game of horse which made me think of something I've always wondered about. Growing up in Utica we always played the bball game where 3 or more people would play each other up to 21 every man for themselves. We called it Rochester but i later found out most people called it 21, did anyone else call it Rochester?

Rochester. But I grew up in Whitesboro. Must be a Mohawk Valley thing. Also played a lot of "knockout," with 2 balls and you begin shooting from the line.

This might be the worst thread topics ever but I was just reading the mookie thread and they were talking about the game of horse which made me think of something I've always wondered about. Growing up in Utica we always played the bball game where 3 or more people would play each other up to 21 every man for themselves. We called it Rochester but i later found out most people called it 21, did anyone else call it Rochester?

Where I grew up, we called it Utica...except the first guy to 21 shot the other guy.

Rochester. But I grew up in Whitesboro. Must be a Mohawk Valley thing. Also played a lot of "knockout," with 2 balls and you begin shooting from the line.

Knockout. Havent heard of that in a long time. A good way to waste time waiting for everyone to get to the courts.

It's 21 pretty much everywhere. I've never heard of it called "Rochester."

I'm from Whitesboro also, what year did you graduate? I do think it's a Mohawk valley thing!

21. And I'm from Canandaigua, 30 miles South of Rochester. Never heard it or any game called Rochester before now.

Never heard it called Rochester either. WTH Mohawk Valley peeps!

I am from New York Mills and we called it Rochester.

That's a funny name for 21. I'd like to know why it was called that lol

Sherman, did you ever play at Pulaski Park in NYM?

Yes, I'm from Yorkville. Damn, I can be anonymous! My name is Kyle Clendennen, wboro 99 grad will know my father

I grew up just north of Albany and we called it both Rochester and 21. I seem to think Rochester was a rougher version of the game (we would beat the out of each other).

I grew up just north of Albany and we called it both Rochester and 21. I seem to think Rochester was a rougher version of the game (we would beat the **** out of each other).

Nah called 21 in PA as well and no blood no foul... except for the whiny little ****s who would whine themselves into getting fouled harder.

Based on the clutch/hack/grab style it should probably be known as Pitt, Marquette, or Butler though.

Other game in question we called knockout.

Yes, I'm from Yorkville. Damn, I can be anonymous! My name is Kyle Clendennen, wboro 99 grad will know my father
Your last name is familiar... was your dad a health teacher at W'boro and did he run summer league basketball with Ed Wadas @ Parkway Middle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom