Rod Wood Retires | Syracusefan.com

Rod Wood Retires

Wow - more than 50 years in broadcasting, and 44 years at Channel 9. Congratulations to him, but I hate to see him go. I hope his successor(s) have the same journalistic standards.

Amazing career. I remember watching Rod and we moved from Syracuse in 1987. I read in another article his wife recently died of cancer so I feel bad they won't be able to spend his retirement together.

Amazing career. I remember watching Rod and we moved from Syracuse in 1987. I read in another article his wife recently died of cancer so I feel bad they won't be able to spend his retirement together.
I have known a number of people who has worked at his station. When his name comes up, everyone says the same thing. Great guy. Legend. Unbelievably nice and professional. He is exactly who he appears to be on the news.

Agree it is very sad he and his wife will not be able to enjoy their retirement years together. I wish him and his family all the best.

And Laura Hand retired last year after 47 years at WSTM. The old guard is leaving. :(

As a kid I thought Rod Wood was boring. As an adult I realize he wasn't boring but professional. After moving away from CNY I saw how good we had it with our local news media. Most of them here in Knoxville are incompetent or clownish. Anytime there is promising young talent they move to a bigger market.

I wonder if he had to keep working to cover medical expenses. If so, it's sad that people at retirement age have to choose between spending time with an ailing loved one and paying the bills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom