Rodney Williams Transferring to Temple | Syracusefan.com

Rodney Williams Transferring to Temple

perhaps Melifonwu/Coley or someone else is really impressing.

Hurts depth with all these guys leaving. Need to bring in other transfers who are at least same caliber to bridge gap. Maybe he was not a AA but these types of guys play specials know the defense and can provide minutes, another bad loss IMO.

Best of luck to Rodney. Put in a really tough position here but gave it his all and never gave up.

Hurts depth with all these guys leaving. Need to bring in other transfers who are at least same caliber to bridge gap. Maybe he was not a AA but these types of guys play specials know the defense and can provide minutes, another bad loss IMO.
I wouldn't go to so far as to say its a bad loss. He knows he wouldn't get much playing time this year. But it does a hurt us a bit in the depth department. Not too many bodies there. After this news I am really hoping Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson can get qualified to play for us. Not sure how likely that is but that could help us here a lot. Starting to look less likely for a redshirt year for either/both Cameron Jonas and Cisco.

He was before my time but everyone says he was a great one...can't believe he's transferring after all this time.

rodney_williams_large_verge_super_wide.jpg

Attachments

• rodney_williams_large_verge_super_wide.jpg
    rodney_williams_large_verge_super_wide.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 111
I was with Orangeyes on Marshall Street after the spring game, shopping at Manny's when Rodney walked in. I whispered to Dan who has was. Dan being Dan, he immediately walked up to him and asked if he was Rodney Williams.

He looked really surprised, looked at both of us like we were wizards, and softly admitted he was. Dan told him he was our favorite incoming recruit (he was still a senior in HS at the time) and gave him a number of flattering compliments. Rodney was really nice and just a great kid. Was not surprised at how hard he played when he got on the field here. There was never any question about his level of effort.

Sorry things didn't work out for you at Syracuse Rodney. I wish you much success wherever you end up.

I met Rodney at the Rutgers and Pitt camps. He formed a good relationship with one of my players. I was very happy that he got a SU offer. I told him not to wait too long. He committed within a week. lol He played a lot of snaps. We lose experience. Hurts our depth but I get it. Its very possible that he may not play as a senior. I'm sure he wants to go somewhere he is guaranteed to start. Hope he enjoys his senior season.

Last edited:
Not surprising. Thanks to Rodney for his contributions to the program -- I certainly don't begrudge him looking for more plentiful playing time.

Hope he lands somewhere where he can land a starting role.

Compromises experienced depth at safety, which wasn't our strongest position to begin with -- but it also opens up another scholarship to work with.

We're down to 21 Shafer recruits on the roster, including the 4 that Babers and Co. kept from the 2016 recruiting class.

He could play at a P5 outfit. Maybe MTSU or WMU.
Sure...but I doubt SU lets him go to WMU. He has to find a nice situation...to me going to a top level FCS team is better than a mid-major. The FCS team might make a run in the playoffs.

Sure...but I doubt SU lets him go to WMU. He has to find a nice situation...to me going to a top level FCS team is better than a mid-major. The FCS team might make a run in the playoffs.
That would be fun for him, I think.

I thought he had times he played very well for us, this definitely affects depth. Hoping for the best for him.
RW was pretty good in run support but was a clear liability in pass coverage.

Like Ellison, Rodney simply didn't have the speed/quickness to cover ACC WR's. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

He can play at a P5 but I think he can start for most G5 programs. It will help if he chooses a team that fits his skill set and need safety help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom