Roll call for Camping World

Chip

Living Legend
UNC game and ND game. They have two things in common.

1. They are the only two bad games we played all year. (I don't count Pitt, there were other factors against us like a bad ref and a stupid kicker).

2. They are the only two games I attended this year.

For the good of the program, I've decided to sit out this bowl game and prepare for the NFL draft.

Personally I think bowl attendance is more about the out of state alumni and fans, many who have been quick to criticize local attendance during the season. Orlando is a venue tailor-made for our east coast alumni who are just as close, most closer in distance, have more favorable weather, access to cheaper and more plentiful options for flights and transportation than locals. We've heard how difficult it is for alumni to travel to Syracuse for regular season games because of distance etc, Now how are the multitudes of alumni in the Boston, NYC - NJ,, Philly, DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, Florida etc based areas going to turn out for this Bowl game? We really should have no issues filling out our quota,
Is it really cheaper for NYC-area people to fly than people from Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo?

Perhaps, but not from what I've been reading. Or paying.

Not sure I understand the reason for being divisive here.

I think there's a groundswell of support for this team that will be reflected by turnout from the 315 area and all the other key alumni hubs.

I suspect we are going to have a great presence there and it will be a mix of Central New York folks and and alumni/fans for other areas.

And as we're all having fun down there, I don't think any of us will be asking others for ID or to prove our area of origin.

Not a good idea in my view to drive to drive a wedge between Syracuse locals support and those from other areas.

Exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.

Last edited:

Cheriehoop

Staff member
Is it really cheaper for NYC-area people to fly than people from Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo?

Perhaps, but not from what I've been reading. Or paying.

Not sure I understand the reason for being divisive here.

I think there's a groundswell of support for this team that will be reflected by turnout from the 315 area and all the other key alumni hubs.

I suspect we are going to have a great presence there and it will be a mix of Central New York folks and and alumni/fans for other areas.

And as we're all having fun down there, I don't think any of us will be asking others for ID or to prove our area of origin.

Not a good idea in my view to drive to drive a wedge between Syracuse locals support and those from other areas.

Exactly the opposite of what we should be doing.
Sorry , sure didn’t mean to do that. I really do apologize. I wasn’t even responding to the correct thread. Duh. I will delete my post. I do stand by the availability and pricing of flights though.

Sorry , sure didn’t mean to do that. I really do apologize. I wasn’t even responding to the correct thread. Duh. I will delete my post. I do stand by the availability and pricing of flights though.
Cherie, I know you're not like that -- really good poster -- and was surprised to see that.

All I can tell you is that I paid a lot of money to fly out of the NYC area. Not complaining, not whining, no regrets.

But the perception that it's cheap everywhere else...well, not where I'm sitting anyway.

rrlbees

2017 ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
Staff member
You’re 100% right about airfare. Right now it’s almost a $500 difference. $317 out of the NYC area would be snatched up immediately if it was from Syracuse.

tptcuse

All Conference
Alright, screw it. I'll see ya there. I'll be running around with AlaskaSUfan

See ya at the tailgate. Let's get a W
Ugh. I am envious...wife never says no to me attending Cuse games, but we will be with her family in the midwest for Christmas. Wish I could join you guys!

Top Bottom