Romania | Syracusefan.com

Romania

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Have been addicted to Eastern Europe since Prague and Budapest the last few years. Heading to Bucharest in a couple months. Anyone got the goods?

Right? Once you get a taste for those places it's hard to stop yourself from wanting more!!

Bucharest is actually a pretty large city, much more akin to Budapest than Prague. Prague felt small to me. Nice enough and maybe improved, but squeeze in another visit to Budapest if you can.
Definitely one of my favorite places I've been (Budapest, not Bucharest).

Or, if you can, DEFINITELY go to Croatia! Insanely cheap, insanely nice people, and the coast is amazing. Really, really, really worth it. Bucharest is rather cheap too, and they seem to have a better grasp of the English language than the randoms you run into in Croatia...maybe that balances it for you.

Anyway, back on topic. Be cautious, I think it's illegal to rent females, and much like Prague, it's all bait and switch if you try ads. Don't do that - should just be a rule, but whatever, always good to warn. Budapest is a bit more reliable with this - but not Prague, and DEFINITELY not Bucharest.

Old Town has a lot of massage places, and it's pretty easy to just pick and choose your rental in person, but I would say Bucharest is much dicier than Budapest and much more about a street scene if you figure out where to go - but be careful, lots of scamming, especially for us tourists. Maybe just use an app and lay low? The area off Old Town with all the clubs, you'll end up there at some point, it's fun, but kind of sketchy. If you're alone, definitely feels a bit more off than Budapest - if you're with a group, or a friend or two, it's very solid though. Maybe it's the gypsies, or that impression going in, but it does give off a different vibe - Prague and Budapest have a bit more of a Western European vibe than Bucharest IMO.

You'll enjoy it though - plenty to see and do and it's fairly spread out so you won't get bored.

lettuce just say it's best to leaf the romaines alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom