Rotation question | Syracusefan.com

Rotation question

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Why do Buddy and Joe need 35 and 39 minutes in a game like this?

Why can't we see line up with
Kadary / Buddy / Griff / Braswell / Edwards or

Kadary / Griff / Newton / Braswell / Edwards or

Kadary / Joe / Buddy / Newton / Braswell

Why can't we seem to rotate more than two guys off the bench for more than 2 minutes of game time?

Why can't we seem to rotate more than two guys off the bench for more than 2 minutes of game time?

Spacing?

Buddy and Joe were hot.. Alan wasn’t. If Alan was hot I bet he would have played more

Buddy and Joe were hot.. Alan wasn’t. If Alan was hot I bet he would have played more
Buddy was not hot.
He was subbed out for Kadary.
The team went on a 22-3 run that turned the game around with Buddy on the bench.
Buddy scored the bulk of his points in the 2nd half when the game was over.

Alan got taken out for Buddy in the first half. Not the backup forward. I thought practice matters. When does Buddy practice the wing?
I wish Buddy and Alan were treated the same.

Their was no reason for Buddy and Joe to play as many minutes as they did. They did because the HC wanted them too. Braswell had been the backup forward he got passed as a forward backup for Buddy?
Why?

There's at least three shooters in all those line ups …

If you start playing the other guys against a Miami you may lose the built up bonus spacing points that you cash in against pressure defense.

It's called advanced metrics.

Also, after the UNC and Pitt debacle, one of the big unanswered questions I had was, what do we do when AG is off, or we just generally need help at SF, etc...

Well, now I know the answer regarding what we can do with Buddy when JG and Kadary are hot and we still need to get him extended run in a blowout against a really bad defensive team - like ranked 300th against the three kinda bad. So, it's a win.

Kadary played half the game. Griffin cannot play SG.

So then we only have 3 guards on this roster and zero commits for 2021 on guards.
Great job by the staff.

He can and has. I'm not advocating for him to do it full time, but at least be honest with this one. In fact, at one point last night early in the first half, Buddy beat Alan back and had to help defend the corner, and stayed at the forward position while Alan played up top on D. Worked that time I believe. AG actually looked better suited to playing the guard spot. He roams too much when he's playing forward. Leaves him way out of position to help inside.

He can and has. I'm not advocating for him to do it full time, but at least be honest with this one. In fact, at one point last night early in the first half, Buddy beat Alan back and had to help defend the corner, and stayed at the forward position while Alan played up top on D. Worked that time I believe. AG actually looked better suited to playing the guard spot. He roams too much when he's playing forward. Leaves him way out of position to help inside.

Griffin is probably fine on defense at the 2. He can’t dribble, though. If he plays the 2, we’re down to one ballhandler.

Griffin has played the 2 a few times. On D he would be fine. It will depend on who we are playing as to whether we need a 2nd ball handler..

Lets see where we are when Newton comes back. He is an upgrade in many ways.. We need to get to a lineup that plays a center to be at our best.. put marek to the 3-4 and be aggressive and only use hin at the 5 for specific reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom