Rothstein on Kadary! | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

thank you Grif.

Richmond’s ability to create and distribute from the wing will allow Marek/Candyman to get open looks downlow and around the key, and hopefully free up our perimeter players as well.

thank you Grif.

Richmond’s ability to create and distribute from the wing will allow Marek/Candyman to get open looks downlow and around the key, and hopefully free up our perimeter players as well.
Candyman, love it

i think it was sutomcat that stated Kadary was the best player on the best team in the country. Sounds good to me!
There's tape and has been talk about him showing out in practices at brewster against some of the best. At times he could completely take over and towards the end of his season right before covid hit he was playing great basketball. Kids legit. His motor has been questioned so hopefully our staff can motivate him and help him reach his potential. Havent had a kid like him on the team in awhile who can create the way he does.

I just keep seeing the scenario of Kadary, Buddy and Griffin playing a lot of minutes together and kadary just breaking down the defense and kicking it to three to these two or just driving. I’m excited for him to play. As much as I do like JG3, I want Kadary to make it impossible for JB to bench him

But... but... but... Andre Jackson!!!!

I don't know how many times it needs to be stated, we got the FAR better player the way things worked out. And given that not landing Jackson also indirectly helped to net Griffin -- it could not have worked out better for the 'Cuse.

I just keep seeing the scenario of Kadary, Buddy and Griffin playing a lot of minutes together and kadary just breaking down the defense and kicking it to three to these two or just driving. I’m excited for him to play. As much as I do like JG3, I want Kadary to make it impossible for JB to bench him
Offensively jg kadary buddy griff marek is pretty exciting for stretches

I don't know how many times it needs to be stated, we got the FAR better player the way things worked out. And given that not landing Jackson also indirectly helped to net Griffin -- it could not have worked out better for the 'Cuse.
If Andre came and Griffin/Kadary didn’t; he would have got 30mpg at the 3 and handled the ball a crap load with 2 elite shooters around him. At UConn he’ll be behind Cole, Gaffney and Bouknights as far as ball handling priority. And if Tyrese Martin gets a waiver? Andre might not see more than 18mpg this year.

I thought the makeup of both rosters made more sense for him to come here. UConn has more ball handlers; we have more shooters

Last edited:
Lol. Beat me to it, RF!
I never like to project and I’m sure Jackson will serve UConn well, but i am more than happy to have Kadary Richmond as an Orangeman! Add in the transfer of AGriff & short of Jackson being the 2nd coming of Ray Allen, we’ve clearly got the better of that deal.

At this point it's only those derelicts over at the Boneyard that still don't understand. Also it is their fault because they did know.. they just don't like it.

i think it was sutomcat that stated Kadary was the best player on the best team in the country. Sounds good to me!

He doesn't have the athleticism or NBA buzz that Terrence Clarke had (projected Top 10 pick in next year's draft), but he was definitely outplaying him by the end of the year this season.

That team was so hilariously loaded too. They had like 8 guys going D1 if I remember right. The one that's headed to Boston College was really good in the games I watched as well.

He doesn't have the athleticism or NBA buzz that Terrence Clarke had (projected Top 10 pick in next year's draft), but he was definitely outplaying him by the end of the year this season.

That team was so hilariously loaded too. They had like 8 guys going D1 if I remember right. The one that's headed to Boston College was really good in the games I watched as well.
I think there was a kid going to Minnesota that was really impressive as well. There team was loaded for sure.

I think there was a kid going to Minnesota that was really impressive as well. There team was loaded for sure.

The kid going to Minnesota is Jamal Mashburn's son.

A little bit more about that team. Their entire starting 5 was top 100 ranked players - they will be playing for Cuse, Kentucky, Miami, BC, and Minnesota this year, and they will all contribute. They had 8 or 9 D1 guys total on the team, and one of the guys coming off the bench was good enough to go to Maryland, so yeah, they were stacked. And yes Kadary was unquesitonably the best player on the team at that end of the year tournament where they played against teams that were (almost) as good as them and every kid on the court was going to play for a high major D1 team.

During the year they were so much better than most teams they played that all their stars just kind of took turns scoring for fun. The only time that I personally saw them play in a close game it was clear that Kadary was 'the guy' for them when it mattered.

The kid going to Minnesota is Jamal Mashburn's son.

A little bit more about that team. Their entire starting 5 was top 100 ranked players - they will be playing for Cuse, Kentucky, Miami, BC, and Minnesota this year, and they will all contribute. They had 8 or 9 D1 guys total on the team, and one of the guys coming off the bench was good enough to go to Maryland, so yeah, they were stacked. And yes Kadary was unquesitonably the best player on the team at that end of the year tournament where they played against teams that were (almost) as good as them and every kid on the court was going to play for a high major D1 team.

During the year they were so much better than most teams they played that all their stars just kind of took turns scoring for fun. The only time that I personally saw them play in a close game it was clear that Kadary was 'the guy' for them when it mattered.
I thought thats who it was but was being lazy and didn't look it up. I was very impressed with him. Kid will be really good for little pitino. Thanks for the info on the team...i knew they were stacked but that's crazy how much talent was on one team! Glad we have a good relationship with Brewster...maybe it will help us with landing Mac.

I would’ve been ecstatic to get Jackson, but I think we’ve had our fill of extremely athletic wings who can’t shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom