10. Syracuse
G Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Quincy Guerrier
F Marek Dolezaj
C Bourama Sidibe

Key Losses: Elijah Hughes, Jalen Carey, Bryce Goodine

Key Newcomers: Kadary Richmond, Woody Newton, Frank Anselem

Sit Out Transfers: Alan Griffin (Illinois)

Projected Bench: Jesse Edwards, John Bol Ajak, Kadary Richmond, Woody Newton, Frank Anselem, Robert Braswell

2020 NBA Draft Watch: None

The Skinny: Jim Boeheim boasts veteran experience, but the loss of Hughes’ offense on the wing is significant. Girard was quietly one of the best freshmen in the ACC last season.

Clearly this changes if Griff is eligible.

Guerrier could easily enter the draft conversation though many here will not acknowledge that

Clearly we should anticipate because we are Syracuse and Kansas is Kansas that Griffin won't get a waiver and Kansas has to stop offering free dinner mints to student athletes. Oh and they should feel sorry and not cheat in the future but this time it was ok.

me reading anything Rosthstein writes
tenor (1).gif

me reading anything Rosthstein writes
View attachment 183152

I'm pretty sure that Rothstein and Lunardi are both Westworld hosts that are kept in storage for most of the year. They pull them out for a couple weeks a year, they do their loop of saying some inane things about preseason (Rothstein) or torunament (Lunardi) and then it is back to the basement.

Lunardi is clearly an earlier version before they perfected hair.

I'm pretty sure that Rothstein and Lunardi are both Westworld hosts that are kept in storage for most of the year. They pull them out for a couple weeks a year, they do their loop of saying some inane things about preseason (Rothstein) or torunament (Lunardi) and then it is back to the basement.

I'm pretty sure you're right!

10. Syracuse
G Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Quincy Guerrier
F Marek Dolezaj
C Bourama Sidibe

Key Losses: Elijah Hughes, Jalen Carey, Bryce Goodine

Key Newcomers: Kadary Richmond, Woody Newton, Frank Anselem

Sit Out Transfers: Alan Griffin (Illinois)

Projected Bench: Jesse Edwards, John Bol Ajak, Kadary Richmond, Woody Newton, Frank Anselem, Robert Braswell

2020 NBA Draft Watch: None

The Skinny: Jim Boeheim boasts veteran experience, but the loss of Hughes’ offense on the wing is significant. Girard was quietly one of the best freshmen in the ACC last season.

Clearly this changes if Griff is eligible.
10th place?!??!

Lunardi has a side job under a bridge keeping traffic to a minimum

We went 18 and 14 and lose our best player we aren't going to be getting favorable predictions. We are going to have to prove it.
We return four starters and five of our top six contributors from last season, including two seniors in the front court. When teams like ND and UNC have that much returning experience, the experts always pick them to finish towards the top of the league.

Guerrier could easily enter the draft conversation though many here will not acknowledge that

Only because we learned post-season that he played with a torn muscle in his groin for the second half of the season. I hate that Boeheim plays guys who are injured. That's why Moyer transferred and that's why Jerami Grant's parents pushed him to leave when he did. Bobby Braswell should have seen some minutes last February while Guerrier was hurt. Not 30 minutes, not even 20, but geez, would it have killed Boeheim to give him 10 minutes to see what the kid could give us when Guerrier literally couldn't get off the ground?

We return four starters and five of our top six contributors from last season, including two seniors in the front court. When teams like ND and UNC have that much returning experience, the experts always pick them to finish towards the top of the league.

Notre Dame usually plays better defense than we did last year. There were times our defense was dreadful. They got it turned around in January and early February, but then everybody started to wear down physically and we did not finish strong as a team.

Hughes carried us down the stretch. Buddy and Joe couldn't buy a basket for the last 6 weeks of the season. It also helped that Sidibe played his best ball at the end of the year.

Notre Dame usually plays better defense than we did last year. There were times our defense was dreadful. They got it turned around in January and early February, but then everybody started to wear down physically and we did not finish strong as a team.

Hughes carried us down the stretch. Buddy and Joe couldn't buy a basket for the last 6 weeks of the season. It also helped that Sidibe played his best ball at the end of the year.

ND typically plays horrendous defense. They, almost every year, rely on outscoring their opponents with shooters and a new Luke Harrongody clone to pound teams on the glass. Wash, rinse, repeat, that is their MO

Only because we learned post-season that he played with a torn muscle in his groin for the second half of the season. I hate that Boeheim plays guys who are injured. That's why Moyer transferred and that's why Jerami Grant's parents pushed him to leave when he did. Bobby Braswell should have seen some minutes last February while Guerrier was hurt. Not 30 minutes, not even 20, but geez, would it have killed Boeheim to give him 10 minutes to see what the kid could give us when Guerrier literally couldn't get off the ground?
Agreed. But I’m not sure Robert’s been 100% for a moment of his time on campus. Much like Bourama’s first couple years.

Uh, Braswell was also injured.
He literally could not get off the ground either.
Which is why he sat out - with a medical RS.

So, you wanted JB to not play a guy who was injured, and replace him with -
a guy who was injured? :rolleyes:

And burn an entire year of eligibility in the process?
Brilliant. :rolleyes:

I was just going to post the same thing haha.

My bad. I didn't realize he was injured the whole season, I just thought it happened later in the year for Braswell. We didn't hear about any injury until late in the year.

A couple of years ago, SU returned ALL 5 starters. How did that work out?