Roy Hibbert, jerk | Syracusefan.com

Roy Hibbert, jerk

I thought hoya players were well mannered. What a jerk, way to represent your university, unreal. Scum bag

lebronflop_original.gif

Way to represent, Roy. I am rooting for the Pacers to beat the Heat, but part of me wishes there was a possibility for him to be suspended for game 7.

nice non sequitur ... hibbert's absolute lack of class and homophobic slur at post-game press conference has what to do with lebron drawing an offensive foul on an opponent, and, more to your point, sellinh it by going down? a hater's typical glass-half-empty shot. where you see lebron acting, i see 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists while his teammates were by and large inept.

on one hand you have hibbert's performance before the media after a big win, and you have lebron's performance after a big loss. which one is the grownup, which one has class?

nice non sequitur ... hibbert's absolute lack of class and homophobic slur at post-game press conference has what to do with lebron drawing an offensive foul on an opponent, and, more to your point, sellinh it by going down? a hater's typical glass-half-empty shot. where you see lebron acting, i see 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists while his teammates were by and large inept.

on one hand you have hibbert's performance before the media after a big win, and you have lebron's performance after a big loss. which one is the grownup, which one has class?

As a basketball fan, I take much more offense to obvious flopping like Lebron did, than I do to Hibbert's comments. It has become such a part of the game, that something major needs to be done to stop it. It's a joke. It's not basketball.

I don't care about either player or team either.

Everyone continue with your pretend outrage over someones dumb comments...I guess this is just what America does now.

As a basketball fan, I take much more offense to obvious flopping like Lebron did, than I do to Hibbert's comments. It has become such a part of the game, that something major needs to be done to stop it. It's a joke. It's not basketball.

I don't care about either player or team either.

Everyone continue with your pretend outrage over someones dumb comments...I guess this is just what America does now.

Thank you Coach K for starting the flopping movement.

After reading the posts in this thread I expected much worse.

Give me a break. Another example of the pussification of America, IMO. Everyone is so easily offended.

No homo? That is said all the time. There are PLENTY of more offensive, "politically incorrect" slurs out there.

In fact, I bet the majority of the people here have used them before.

After reading the posts in this thread I expected much worse.

Give me a break. Another example of the pussification of America, IMO. Everyone is so easily offended.

No homo? That is said all the time. There are PLENTY of more offensive, "politically incorrect" slurs out there.

In fact, I bet the majority of the people here have used them before.

I'm friends with ton of people that are homosexual, and I still use "no homo" a decent amount. Never seems to offend any of them. It's basically on the same level as "that's what she said".

I also think Hibbert is more well-spoken than 90% of the league.

Actually, now that I think about it, that no homo comment is hilarious.

I actually have a bigger problem with the swearing.
The "no homo" comment is sort of uncharted territory. My understanding is that it's not meant in malice like other anti-gay slurs, but more of a "not that there's anything wrong with that", Seinfeld-type way.

I had never heard of the "no homo" expression until last night. Must be getting old. And for those in this thread who said they have used it themselves - why?

I had never heard of the "no homo" expression until last night. Must be getting old. And for those in this thread who said they have used it themselves - why?

It's just a thing people say. It's like saying "that's what she said". It's not meant to be offensive at all. It's just a stupid thing people say when they say something that sounds like it could be perceived to be homosexual. Just like "that's what she said" is used when you say something that can be perceived as talking about sex and stuff.

I'm straight , Baby . Herbert knows Kung Fu !! Also georgetown still Sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The obvious solution is for him to only answer with either "that's what she said" or "no homo" to ALL questions at the next press conference.

"How did you stop Lebron's penetration?"
- "No homo, man... no homo" *shakes head*

"Are your teammates now more eager to feed you balls in the po-"
- *jumps up and points finger* "That's what she said!!!"

etc.

Roommate comes downstairs, looking fresh ready for a night out and has been working out a lot, "bro you look good, no homo."

It's simply a phrase.

a hater's typical glass-half-empty shot. where you see lebron acting, i see 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists while his teammates were by and large inept.[/media]

That's a bit like Brian Kelly. If Notre Dame wins it's his doing but if they lose it's his players fault.

If the heat win all hail King James, but if they lose fire up the bus for his serfs to throw his teammates under. Lebron isn't throwing his teammates under the bus mind you(ala Kobe), just his hords of fans to justify when their chosen one falls short. I'd guess LBJ probably is thinking "how can I make my team better" vs "we lost, not my fault".

That's a bit like Brian Kelly. If Notre Dame wins it's his doing but if they lose it's his players fault.

If the heat win all hail King James, but if they lose fire up the bus for his serfs to throw his teammates under. Lebron isn't throwing his teammates under the bus mind you(ala Kobe), just his hords of fans to justify when their chosen one falls short. I'd guess LBJ probably is thinking "how can I make my team better" vs "we lost, not my fault".

Do you think LeBron's the reason they lost?

I haven't heard it before either. Making sure I've got it right, it's used when someone says "something that sounds like it could be perceived to be homosixual (sic)"? So, rather than have the shame or stigma of someone thinking you meant a comment literally and are in fact a homosexual, it's used by homophobic people who aren't secure in their own sexuality. I think I've got it now. Some players need to realize that what is acceptable to say to their friends and what they say into a microphone might be two completely different things.

Do you think LeBron's the reason they lost?

I think he was part of the team that lost the same as he is part of the team when they win. Hard to pick any 1 reason why they lost but since they didn't win then yeah he was one of the reasons. He was the best player on the losing team last night same as he'll be the best player on the winning team in game 7.

I think he was part of the team that lost the same as he is part of the team when they win. Hard to pick any 1 reason why they lost but since they didn't win then yeah he was one of the reasons. He was the best player on the losing team last night same as he'll be the best player on the winning team in game 7.
I'd throw out one big reason they lost ...Wade and Bosh were m.i.a again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom