RR | Syracusefan.com

RR

upperdeck

Living Legend
so is RR the real culprit in the lack of D at WV. he leaves, Mich cants stop anyone, goes to Ariz who cant stop anyone and WV now cant stop anyone.

He may have set the trend, but he has been gone long enough that Stewart and Holgerson get credit for the current D.

He may have set the trend, but he has been gone long enough that Stewart and Holgerson get credit for the current D.

Yes, he is responsible because he just took Casteel with him to Arizona. Holgorson is also responsible for replacing him with Joe Deforest, who has never been a defensive coordinator before and looks like a horrible fit for the job.

Yes, he is responsible because he just took Casteel with him to Arizona. Holgorson is also responsible for replacing him with Joe Deforest, who has never been a defensive coordinator before and looks like a horrible fit for the job.

The HC's job is to replace people, who he chooses is full on him. Holgerson made the hire and is responsible for the performance. Marrone is responsible for all of his coaches.

3-3-5 like they were last year and the year before that.
Upon further review, it appears they switched to a 3-4-4 base defense this year under Deforest, similar to what the Steelers and Patriots employ.

I need to find some film of them from this year to see how they run it and teams have successfully attacked it.

WVA defense

WVA Defense #2

Does anybody in the Big 12 really play defense?

Other than maybe Alabama does anybody in college football play defense these days?

I'm pretty sure that Ohio State gave up nearly 50 points to my alma mater - Indiana this year - and won the game.

Didn't they play pretty solid defense under RR? I don't mean Alabama shut down defense but at least respectable.

WVU has pretty much always played well against the run and the 3-3-5 helped with that. This year, they were still decent against the run, but against the pass, they flat out sucked. I can't figure out why, because you've got a couple good athletes back there. It just looked like they didn't know who and where they were responsible for, as if they didn't know what set they were in. That is very possible and I think the most likely explanation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom