Running backs | Syracusefan.com

Running backs

Ithacaorange

Scout Team
I know DL is an issue experience and depth wise next year, but our RB room is also at defcon 6 . if tucker leaves , we have almost nothing , I know hough is a big boy, speed, etc.. but has anyone watched his tape ? It looks like it’s loaded with games versus middle school teams, I think there are 90 lb defensive back trying to tackle him. I’m surprised they even put that in his highlight video , it’s kind of a joke .

I have faith Hough will be a big piece in our production, however OP has a point.

We have insufficient depth. Im not comfortable with Cooper taking over considerable snaps. We could use a couple more contributors.

sure lets put our hopes into a kid who is a power back coming off a season ending injury.
What happened to him, I didn’t realize he was injured ?

sure lets put our hopes into a kid who is a power back coming off a season ending injury.
Yup, the kid has to change his body. The injury only makes it harder.

I have faith Hough will be a big piece in our production, however OP has a point.

We have insufficient depth. Im not comfortable with Cooper taking over considerable snaps. We could use a couple more contributors.
We are a transfer hopefully not and an injury away from playing a kid with zero college snaps

We are a transfer hopefully not and an injury away from playing a kid with zero college snaps
We are a transfer from having a really excellent RB room, Tucker, Hough ,Cooper and said transfer.

Tucker
Lutz (to start year second on depth)
Hough
Allen
Pena if needed
TBD 2022 commit to be made

There's also three walk ons. You just never know who will emerge. Case in point Tucker.

Tucker
Lutz (to start year second on depth)
Hough
Allen
Pena if needed
TBD 2022 commit to be made
Yes mine was not in order except the obvious Tucker. Good call on Pena, definitely could switch to RB based on what we have seen and HS film.

with all due respect to lutz, he should not be on the two deep. that said, if allen makes it here, then we have a solid 2 deep
I tend to agree, however Dino does like to reward his older guys.

I actually see Allen becoming the second back by game four or five. He's that good. Hough was an absolute beast in HS. I hope his injury didn't take his burst away.

Well sometimes it pays off, see Sean Tucker.

Lutz will stay as he’s a team captain and I don’t see him entering the portal.

Tucker’s likely staying.

Besides that we got Allen coming in.

This is why Howard leaving stings. Worst case scenario you hand the ball to Marlowe Wax, but he’s never wanted to be on the O side.

If we hadn’t fired Reynolds, Coley was a serviceable Rb in HS.

With all due respect that's an awful depth chart behind Tucker.

Yup, the kid has to change his body. The injury only makes it harder.
Saw him on the sidelines at the Pitt game. Still limping noticeably. Hope he gets his mobility back.

I know DL is an issue experience and depth wise next year, but our RB room is also at defcon 6 . if tucker leaves , we have almost nothing , I know hough is a big boy, speed, etc.. but has anyone watched his tape ? It looks like it’s loaded with games versus middle school teams, I think there are 90 lb defensive back trying to tackle him. I’m surprised they even put that in his highlight video , it’s kind of a joke .
I think you mean Defcon 1 (Maximum Readiness). They make this mistake all the time on TV and it drives me crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom