Rutgers Allegations | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Allegations

Hoov50

Starter
I despise Rutgers as much as the next SU fan, but after seeing how ESPN treated SU based on what we know are nearly baseless allegations the past few years, I have a hard time believing this Rutgers situation is as awful as ESPN is making it seem.

I haven't really followed it.

I despise Rutgers as much as the next SU fan, but after seeing how ESPN treated SU based on what we know are nearly baseless allegations the past few years, I have a hard time believing this Rutgers situation is as awful as ESPN is making it seem.
It is.

But ESPN didn't break this news, right?

Wasn't it the Star-Ledger?

I have to think that the compressed time frame for all of these RU items (Rice, Eddie Jordan and now the AD) has to be more the issue than anything stand alone.

Biggest difference is that SU's story was piggybacked off another school's scandal and ESPN's reporter essentially created the story.

Rutgers' story was piggybacked off their own scandal. If this woman was given any other AD job, then this isn't a story at all.

Regardless, of the details. ESPN has shown they are willing to run with half truths, sketchy information and unreliable sources. The Rutgers' articles I have read from ESPN have the most "details," whether or not these are originally from other sources I am not sure. Personally, I think the entire athletic department at Rutgers is a clusterfucation, but the fact the ESPN is really running with the story makes me wonder if it is entirely true.

Regardless, of the details. ESPN has shown they are willing to run with half truths, sketchy information and unreliable sources. The Rutgers' articles I have read from ESPN have the most "details," whether or not these are originally from other sources I am not sure. Personally, I think the entire athletic department at Rutgers is a clusterfucation, but the fact the ESPN is really running with the story makes me wonder if it is entirely true.

I probably haven't followed too much in the past day or so, but what I read earlier in the weekend seems easy to prove. There was in fact a $150k settlement regarding the wrongful termination for the woman getting pregnant. The situation with the volleyball players, the Athletic Director at the time was apparently present when they delivered the letter, the new RU AD read it, and told the players she chooses not to coach them. So that should be pretty easy to verify.

This isn't like Mark Schwartz feeling scooped and lonely on the Ped State story, so he turns over a couple stones to find old sources on the Fine story and telling them the timing couldn't be better.

This is a Star-Ledger story not an ESPN story.

I must be just reading ESPN's spin on it, since the articles I have read are written by ESPN writers and give little or not mention to the Star-Ledger. If all the things I have read are true then Rutgers and this woman are the biggest idiots in the world, since as another poster has already posted these aren't tough to prove and complete denial doesn't seem like the best course of action.

Rutgers is a disgrace. Not on the PedSt level, but still a disgrace.

Of the things we know, there was the naked wind sprints, which is a form of abuse. Then there was Rice and his abuse. Now you have this woman, who is an abuser herself and shown to also be a pathological liar, heading up athletics.

It's obvious that rutgirls condones abuse and is OK with covering it up and OK with people who lie about it.

Don't let your kids go to rutgirls.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Haven't watched espn other than the lax game, ugh, but since the story broke yesterday I've spent a lot of time on my deck listening to the radio, and Rutgers is getting absolutely destroyed.

They let the Jordan resume issue blow over, this time both her and the prez will be gone by Friday.

Let espn report, this is NOT their story by any stretch of the means.

"Nearly" baseless... Isn't that like a little pregnant? Lets not kid ourselves... Clearly, some inappropriate stuff went down between an SU coach and a former ballboy. Did ESPN sensationalize? Absolutely. Did they rely on sketchy informants. You bet. But damn... Have you listened to the tape of his crazy wife?

The Rice story was blown way out of proportion.

Did you see any of the videos?

The Rice story was blown way out of proportion.
How do you figure? He had to get fired. They had no choice. Its too bad Pernetti had to go also. Now more heads will be rolling.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I have.

Then you know some of that stuff could have resulted in players pressing charges for assault.

Then you know some of that stuff could have resulted in players pressing charges for assault.

I do and I have seen the video evidence. But just remember its espn that handled this story.

I do and I have seen the video evidence. But just remember its espn that handled this story.

Regardless of who handled it, videos don't lie and we were only privy to a snippet of a hundred hours or more.

rice was not blown out of proportion. Are you serious? He is calling players on his team fag days after a student at that school killed himself after being outed. He assaulted his players. He should have been dismissed on the spot. Coaches like JB and pitino, not shy about yelling at a kid, both said they had trouble watching the tape.

rice was not blown out of proportion. Are you serious? He is calling players on his team fag days after a student at that school killed himself after being outed. He assaulted his players. He should have been dismissed on the spot. Coaches like JB and pitino, not shy about yelling at a kid, both said they had trouble watching the tape.
You have your opinion I have mine.

You have your opinion I have mine.

What forms your opinion that it was blown out of proportion?

What forms your opinion that it was blown out of proportion?

I have heard a local interview by a former player, and have talked to a few teammates of his.

I have heard a local interview by a former player, and have talked to a few teammates of his.

What did that former player think if the tapes? Did you also talk to players who left?

The former player said he never witnessed anything like that during practice. He actually seemed irritated because of what appeared to be the only reason they wanted to interview and not talk about the success with his new team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom