Rutgers game thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers game thread

Yea. Need you be reminded of all the mistakes made today ny a number of players and coaches? Or the same in other games? Or do you just wait for the QB to make a mistake and blame him for all the loses the last 2 seasons?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You seem to always go out of your way to push the blame away from the QB and don't think he is ever the problem. He is one of the big problems on the team IMO. He just his not very good and his record shows that. He is a 4 year starter making the same mistakes every single week.

When we need Ryan to come up big and make a play he always makes a big mistake and costs us the game just like that.

Don't look at the stats today or you'll laugh

It'll be fun to read the posts saying how "all" we have to do us eliminate the bad plays and we're a championship level team.

So much fun.

It'll be fun to read the posts saying how "all" we have to do us eliminate the bad plays and we're a championship level team.

So much fun.

They only had 234 yards of offense today. We had nearly 400. Crazy

Despite all the mistakes and turnovers, the game turned out close. Guys did keep fighting.

Let's win the next one!

You seem to always go out of your way to push the blame away from the QB and don't think he is ever the problem. He is one of the big problems on the team IMO. He just his not very good and his record shows that. He is a 4 year starter making the same mistakes every single week.

When we need Ryan to come up big and make a play he always makes a big mistake and costs us the game just like that.

Yet somehow we have a number of comeback wins. You just want a whipping boy. Did he miss the block on the blocked FG that turned the game? Its always something. Sometimes its Nassib sometimes the OL (more than amy unit) sometimes specials, sometimes dropped passes sometimes the coaches. But nit everything is the QB and when you really look at what else is going in, he's usually the least of the problems.

I've got the feeling that the attendance for the UConn game is going to be awful. Especially that Family Weekend was last week. I would say to just give tickets away, but considering what happened last night, probably not a good idea.

Yet somehow we have a number of comeback wins. You just want a whipping boy. Did he miss the block on the blocked FG that turned the game? Its always something. Sometimes its Nassib sometimes the OL (more than amy unit) sometimes specials, sometimes dropped passes sometimes the coaches. But nit everything is the QB and when you really look at what else is going in, he's usually the least of the problems.

Amen. A measured analysis, rather than piling on one guy.

It's ironic that Rutgers has a formula for winning and we have a formula for losing. They take it away and we givith.

Did he throw a INT on the FIRST PLAY of the drive when we were going to try and tie the game? Did he throw into triple coverage? Or did the block FG cause that also? Stop making excuses for him. He is just not a good QB bottomline. Doug isn't a good coach bottomline. Our special teams isnt very good. Our OL isn't very good. Our defense is average maybe slightly better than average...

What do you think is the answer? We outplayed several teams this year and lost. The offense, defense, and specials have played well at times but we keep losing winnable games. I'm more into the games than any time in the last 20 years but don't know what will fix this. Thoughts?

I believe SU's net turnover number is -16 after today. Has to be the worst in the country. Can anyone confirm?

I understand that maybe we have less talent on our team that other Big East teams, but they're clearly capable of coming up big. I just don't think Hackett knows what he's doing? Why give the ball to PTG on that 3rd and 12 (which later led to the blocked FG), when he was already getting crushed? Get somebody who is experienced and knows what he's doing, not a guy with a pedigree.

The announcers said it was -6 going into the game. So, add 5 more from today and, as far as I know, we're at -11.
The blocked field goal was the killer...the game changed with that play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom