Rutgers game thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers game thread

We have a 5th yr senior starting at QB, when you have 1st and goal at the 2, you can't blame hackett for the call any decent QB can check out of the call for something else. Donovan and all our other QB's called audible's, don't tell us Ryan can't. They call this a read option so their must be alternative plays. I'll agree he isn't all the problems, but as the leader is a big part of the problem. Don, Todd,Marvin,Donovan all made plays, with their arms or feet to make up for teammates mistakes, we haven't gotten that from Ryan. Ryan the student, and representative of the university will in my opinion, go down as one of the best in history, just not as a great QB.

Well on that 1st and 2, why not punch it in with a RB? On the first down?
Ryan calls audibles. He seems to call a lot of audibles...more than other QBs (purely anecdotal here, no hard evidence).
I think the game plan (in other words, Hackett) is more of a problem.

I've got the feeling that the attendance for the UConn game is going to be awful. Especially that Family Weekend was last week. I would say to just give tickets away, but considering what happened last night, probably not a good idea.

After last night...no to free tickets.

We have a 5th yr senior starting at QB, when you have 1st and goal at the 2, you can't blame hackett for the call any decent QB can check out of the call for something else. Donovan and all our other QB's called audible's, don't tell us Ryan can't. They call this a read option so their must be alternative plays. I'll agree he isn't all the problems, but as the leader is a big part of the problem. Don, Todd,Marvin,Donovan all made plays, with their arms or feet to make up for teammates mistakes, we haven't gotten that from Ryan. Ryan the student, and representative of the university will in my opinion, go down as one of the best in history, just not as a great QB.
He will be remembered as Ryan who? Nobody will remember his bloated stats because he didn't win games. Mr. between the 20's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom