Rutgers gonna Rutgers... | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers gonna Rutgers...

Jake

Mod
Newark star ledger reporting that new AD Julie Hermann was accused of verbally abusing her players as Tennessee volleyball coach back in 90s. Also accused of telling an assistant coach that she would likely loss her job if she got preggers.

For those trying to keep score, that means Rutgers discovered one of their coaches was abusing its players- tried to cover it up until another assistant coach blew them in. They fired their AD, who claims he was the fall guy. They then replace him with a person who six of her former players say abused them and forced her to resign. There's also a video the new AD said doesn't exist, that clearly shows the new AD inferring that a preggers assistant coach would be an unwanted situation.

Amid all of that it announced that its new basketball coach was a graduate of Rutgers, when he actually wasn't.

This is an amazing display of utter incompetence.

There's a letter signed by 15 of her Vol players alleging emotional abuse. Which led to her quitting. Apparently, there was a $150K settlement with the coach fired for being pregnant.

Man, this car crash ain't even close to being cleaned up.

And I'm happily stuck in a 'gaper delay'.

There's no way they let her hiring move forward, right? She doesn't start her new job until June 17th. Is there any way that actually happens now?

There's no way they let her hiring move forward, right? She doesn't start her new job until June 17th. Is there any way that actually happens now?

all depends on how this plays out in the media-
nothing is done for the right reasons anymore-just because of media reaction

What company are they using for hiring? Seems like Rutgers pissed off someone because there seems to be a lot of dirt being dredged up lately. Butgers is the laughing stock of the NCAA!! Maybe they should have the word "JOKE" on the back of their uniforms this year!!

Espn picked it up. This whole disaster doesn't really seem to be affecting their football recruiting so far.

From the Star-Ledger article:
In the letter submitted by all 15 team members, the players said Hermann called them ''whores, alcoholics and learning disabled'' and they wrote: ''It has been unanimously decided that this is an irreconcilable issue.'' The players told The Star-Ledger that Hermann absorbed the words and said: ''I choose not to coach you guys.''​
The 49-year-old Hermann, set to take over the Rutgers' program June 17, told The Star-Ledger she didn't remember the letter. The newspaper said when it was read to her by phone Wednesday, she replied, ''Wow.''​
I'm getting older and occasionally forgetful, but I think I'd remember that letter.

From the Star-Ledger article:
In the letter submitted by all 15 team members, the players said Hermann called them ''whores, alcoholics and learning disabled'' and they wrote: ''It has been unanimously decided that this is an irreconcilable issue.'' The players told The Star-Ledger that Hermann absorbed the words and said: ''I choose not to coach you guys.''​
The 49-year-old Hermann, set to take over the Rutgers' program June 17, told The Star-Ledger she didn't remember the letter. The newspaper said when it was read to her by phone Wednesday, she replied, ''Wow.''​
I'm getting older and occasionally forgetful, but I think I'd remember that letter.

Well, she's schooled in the art of deception and cover-up. She'll fit right in.

A well known policeman named Frank Drebin did the background investigation and gave her a suitable rating. I don't have his bio but found his picture:

th

"Dear Rutgers Administration,
Keep up the good work! You only have another year or two more of incidents and we're even.
The guardians of your future,
Penn St movers and shakers

PS - Don't complain about the deal. Would you rather be UConn?"

ESPN Rittenberg's most recent tweets:

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_Bi
Big Ten's addition of Rutgers looking worse and worse. But as long as the campus doesn't move, right?

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen
1h
Hindsight 20-20, but Syracuse, despite no AAU membership, would have been much better move to increase presence in New York market

Cheers,
Neil

The fact that all of this coming out of Rutgers of late seems to be a bit of retribution. They should be showing a bit of humility right about now. For they are one B10 lifeline away from being completely, totally, and, permanently irrelevant in collegiate athletics.

ESPN Rittenberg's most recent tweets:

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_Bi
Big Ten's addition of Rutgers looking worse and worse. But as long as the campus doesn't move, right?

Rittenberg/Bennett@ESPN_BigTen
1h
Hindsight 20-20, but Syracuse, despite no AAU membership, would have been much better move to increase presence in New York market

Cheers,
Neil

Lots of B10 fanboys came by ACC boards when it was announced that Syracuse was joining the league, to tell us all that you guys would not give us a real presence in NY. And, that you'd have zero impact in NY on any possible ACCN. Some of them STILL stick to that narrative.

I have to give them credit, though. They're consistent.

A nice article with details on the hire

"Two sources familiar with the search process for the new athletic director said the headhunter firm, Parker Executive Search, submitted an initial list of 47 candidates to Rutgers. Hermann was not part of that initial group, added later by committee co-chairwoman Kate Sweeney.​
So Rutgers hired a search firm, then ignored it, then failed to do a thorough background check on the woman it eventually hired. So Rutgers takes what should have been an easy decision in November – firing an out-of-control coach – and embarrasses itself again in May."​

At what point does any responsibility fall on President Barchi? Is he going to claim he knows nothing again? At this point I do believe that he knows nothing, but in a slightly different context. Since he was hand picked by Gov. Pork Rinds himself, I don't see any responsibility falling on his shoulders again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom