Rutgers Transfers | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Transfers

Entropic

All Conference
Sure this could likely go into the uber thread but I was hoping to get more eyes on it.

Looking at 2 four 7 recruiting I saw some crazy transfer numbers.

For 2019 and 2020, Rutgers brought in 17 transfers.
  • 15 of the transfers came from P5 schools
  • 4 of the transfers were P5 QBs
  • Only 6 received immediate eligibility including only 2 of 11 from 2020. This means they have 9 eligible starting next year.

During that same timeframe Syracuse brought in 3 transfers only 1 of which came from a P5. As much disdain as I have for Schiano it would appear he diagnosed the weaknesses on the team and went hard in the portal to get those bodies into the program. I really think this is what Syracuse needs to do badly and not just grabbing FCS grads.

Sure this could likely go into the uber thread but I was hoping to get more eyes on it.

Looking at 2 four 7 recruiting I saw some crazy transfer numbers.

For 2019 and 2020, Rutgers brought in 17 transfers.
  • 15 of the transfers came from P5 schools
  • 4 of the transfers were P5 QBs
  • Only 6 received immediate eligibility including only 2 of 11 from 2020. This means they have 9 eligible starting next year.

During that same timeframe Syracuse brought in 3 transfers only 1 of which came from a P5. As much disdain as I have for Schiano it would appear he diagnosed the weaknesses on the team and went hard in the portal to get those bodies into the program. I really think this is what Syracuse needs to do badly and not just grabbing FCS grads.

Babers doesn’t think we have weaknesses. Why would we get transfers

Rutgers is proof of what a good coach can accomplish. Last year they lost to Michigan 52-0 and this year it was 48-42. He took one of the worst teams in college football and made them competitive within a year

Rutgers is proof of what a good coach can accomplish. Last year they lost to Michigan 52-0 and this year it was 48-42. He took one of the worst teams in college football and made them competitive within a year
Michigan is bad though but I do agree they are more competitive with transfers they got. Actually Mich st and Penn st combined is 1-8. Greg couldnt have came during a better year. I think Greg's teams play hard. He's a relentless worker and recruiter but I do not think he's a good game day coach. Does more harm than good.

Michigan is bad though but I do agree they are more competitive with transfers they got. Actually Mich st and Penn st combined is 1-8. Greg couldnt have came during a better year. I think Greg's teams play hard. He's a relentless worker and recruiter but I do not think he's a good game day coach. Does more harm than good.
I can't argue with any of that and it definitely helps Mich st has a new coach and Michigan has fallen off the map but they made huge gains inside of a year. Pretty frustrating to see how much they have improved and how far we have regressed. Now the 2 worst power 5 teams are Kansas 7 Syracuse imo

Michigan dominated the game offensively once they switched QBs.

Rutgers made a lot of dumb decisions in game on offense in the second half.

Schiano has made them a non laughing stock though. Which is a huge improvement for them.

Schiano has made them a non laughing stock though. Which is a huge improvement for them.
The drive to tie the game in regulation was very impressive.

I agree.

The drive to tie the game in regulation was very impressive.
It was and I had Rutgers +12.5 so I wanted them to cover and lose the game.
They had a couple of stupid calls at the 20 in the 4th instead of just trying to get the first down they threw into the end zone into solid coverage.

Schiano has given them life but they lost a game with better decisions they win.

It was and I had Rutgers +12.5 so I wanted them to cover and lose the game.
They had a couple of stupid calls at the 20 in the 4th instead of just trying to get the first down they threw into the end zone into solid coverage.

Schiano has given them life but they lost a game with better decisions they win.
That goes back to what Money said a couple posts ago...Not a great game day coach but I guess you live with that considering the turnaround? Rutgers isn't winning the BIG but they are competitive now & no longer a laughing stock...

Was i seeing things during the telecast or did RU have a bunch of recruits on the sideline? Im pretty certain they did.

What's the loophole there if so? Huge advantage if they are inviting guys to games.

I can't argue with any of that and it definitely helps Mich st has a new coach and Michigan has fallen off the map but they made huge gains inside of a year. Pretty frustrating to see how much they have improved and how far we have regressed. Now the 2 worst power 5 teams are Kansas 7 Syracuse imo
I said they are more competitive. This was expected from Greg. I knew he was going to grab a bunch of disgruntled Jersey kids that were going to want to come home and get on the field more. They returned a veteran defensive group so I am not surprised they are more competive.

I said they are more competitive. This was expected from Greg. I knew he was going to grab a bunch of disgruntled Jersey kids that were going to want to come home and get on the field more. They returned a veteran defensive group so I am not surprised they are more competive.
I guess i'm surprise it was so quick

I think we all ackwoledge that greg did the right thing and brought in a bunch a transfers. We wish Dino would do more of that but you are not going to get us to say many great things about rutgers because there's not much to like about them lol.

Last edited:
So you don't think improving the score from 52-0 to 48-42 is a positive than can be sold to recruits? lol

Michigan sucks this year though. Did Coach P start reeling in recruits when he “almost” beat Miami in 2003 after getting bludgeoned by them the previous 3 years?

Rutgers is 1-4 and we got people hyping their “rise” because their losses are closer. Lmao.

The average CFB fan is thinking two things:
1) “Man, Michigan is so bad they almost lost to Rutgers. Harbaugh would’ve been fired on the spot.”

2) Rutgers can’t even win when a horrible Michigan team in disarray spots them a big early lead. Poor bastards. They can never get right.

Only Rutgers fans and paranoid Costanza’s are seeing something else.

Michigan sucks this year though. Did Coach P start reeling in recruits when he “almost” beat Miami in 2003 after getting bludgeoned by them the previous 3 years?

So you think we are in better shape in year 5 of Dino after losing 30-0 to a 2-6 L'ville team with our starting QB throwing 5/12 for 40 yards? We had 45 passing yards for the entire game

So you think we are in better shape in year 5 of Dino after losing 30-0 to a 2-6 L'ville team with our starting QB throwing 5/12 for 40 yards? We had 45 passing yards for the entire game

We went 10-3 two years ago.

But this isn’t about us and I didn’t say anything about us or the shape we are in.

This is about Rutgers aka “Can’t Get Right”.

Also, our starting QB is hurt.

You are changing the narrative. Cuse current status doesnt change our opinions on rutgers. We know we are bad this year and there are reasons why. Injuries, opt outs, poor development through the years etc... What if you took away rutgers best players on both sides of the ball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom