Ryan Blackwell | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Blackwell

IMO. Pat Beiln gets the Siena job.

Blackwell gets the LeMoyne job.

Shumpert gets the Liverpool job.

Congrats to Ryan on NYS coach of the year!
Before everyone starts anointing Blackwell as the next Dolphin coach, you have to realize that there will be a lot of more experienced coaches interested. Not that I don't think that Ryan won't do a good job, but what kind of experience does he have as a recruiter? I'm going to throw a couple names out of local coaches with more success than Ryan on the college level.

Adam Stockwell: graduate of LeMoyne. Current coach at Hamilton. Previously head coach at Oswego and Clarkson. Has done well at all three schools. Without knowing the situation, I would have to think his name will definitely be in the ring.

Jason Leone: Current coach at Oswego. D2 assistant coach experience. Grew up in Syracuse. Has done very well at all levels. Would have to think that he is interested as well.

Before everyone starts anointing Blackwell as the next Dolphin coach, you have to realize that there will be a lot of more experienced coaches interested. Not that I don't think that Ryan won't do a good job, but what kind of experience does he have as a recruiter? I'm going to throw a couple names out of local coaches with more success than Ryan on the college level.

Adam Stockwell: graduate of LeMoyne. Current coach at Hamilton. Previously head coach at Oswego and Clarkson. Has done well at all three schools. Without knowing the situation, I would have to think his name will definitely be in the ring.

Jason Leone: Current coach at Oswego. D2 assistant coach experience. Grew up in Syracuse. Has done very well at all levels. Would have to think that he is interested as well.
If LeMoyne wants to win a championship, they will choose Blackwell.

If Pitino really wants the Sienna job, history be damned, it's a once in a generation opportunity for a school like that to get that type of coach.

Beilein is a fine choice if they can't get over the history .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom