Class of 2021 - S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids don't have complete independence yet. I was surprised to learn that the way the process works is the player informs his current school in writing that he intends to transfer. The school is then responsible for entering the player's name in the portal to allow contact from other programs. They supposedly have 48 hours to complete the listing. Now, I'm not sure what happens if they fail to do so. Maybe the NCAA has an infractions hot line where they player can request interventions. If that is the case, then failure to list Clark in the portal and the resultant complaint would probably have been adjudicated by the NCAA in time for Alijah's grandson to accept an offer.
The entire process is supposed to go through compliance, at least that’s how it worked when I spent time in a compliance office, but it’s not hard to think of ways a coaching staff could make that process difficult by putting their own rules in place for “their” players or by strong arming/just being diks to compliance.

I was at a FCS school but they had a pretty big time running back enter the portal while I was there without the coach knowing. But my supervisor was the definition of by the book and the player is burning the bridge of coming back if they do that.

It’s complete bs if a coach makes the process harder on the player.

Last edited:
Kids don't have complete independence yet. I was surprised to learn that the way the process works is the player informs his current school in writing that he intends to transfer. The school is then responsible for entering the player's name in the portal to allow contact from other programs. They supposedly have 48 hours to complete the listing. Now, I'm not sure what happens if they fail to do so. Maybe the NCAA has an infractions hot line where they player can request interventions. If that is the case, then failure to list Clark in the portal and the resultant complaint would probably have been adjudicated by the NCAA in time for Alijah's grandson to accept an offer.
This is exactly what I was thinking was going on. Like a star player goes to the athletic department and announces they want to enter the portal. They’re told they will be emailed a form to complete. It takes days or weeks to get the form. Then there are problems with the form or it hasn’t been notarized and the administrative challenges mount and time keeps on ticking …

Apologies if this has been discussed before on the thread, I might have missed it.

Do we know/think that Alijah will be enrolling early with our new signing class? He had mentioned on Twitter before that he was interested in enrolling at a school ASAP…

Again, if this is old news, call me an idiot. Just curious.

Apologies if this has been discussed before on the thread, I might have missed it.

Do we know/think that Alijah will be enrolling early with our new signing class? He had mentioned on Twitter before that he was interested in enrolling at a school ASAP…

Again, if this is old news, call me an idiot. Just curious.

OK - you're an idiot. Happy now? :p

He should be 'offically' arriving any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom