Class of 2020 - S Ben Labrosse (QC) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (7/27/19) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 S Ben Labrosse (QC) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (7/27/19)

Whoever does these kills it!

Found Ben's doppelganger. A young Christian McCaffrey :p no but seriously his frame and how hes built reminded me of him coming out of high school. Kid is solid!

Just not seeing it.
Just meant they are built similar. Both a little over 6ft and 200lbs. Muscular/athletic build. Watched a video of Ben on his IG of him dunking the ball and reminded me of the same video Christian posted. Good athlete.

***Let me be crystal clear about this, I feel it’s very unfair to grade kids wholly on camps like today.
A) they’re not in pads
B) they’re working with people they’re not used to working with
C) it’s one day

I didn’t see any of the OL/DL working, I was around the skills.

There was 2/3 DB’s who I thought looked well beyond your typical HS’er. Couple of impressive guys there. Broke on balls well, stayed in the hip pocket, used hands well (almost too well), tracked ball well and fought for the ball/separation through ground contact - aggressive.

Keep in mind that there were varying skill levels, and when it’s rapid fire sometimes it’s hard to focus on bad mismatches bc your eyes are moving back and forth across the field.

I was not overly impressed with the WR group, but there were 1 or 2 who had really good days. Don’t get me wrong, there were guys who were really fluid, good in and out of breaks, had good size, strong hands and who could fly, there just wasn’t a lot of guys who had all of it together - while I was watching.

I think Ben could end up in a couple different places when he gets in our S&C program, appears to have a frame to build on. But it’s clear he’s got some physical tools.. I think he had a soft tissue deal late so he didn’t really work the 1-on-1’s, regardless he’s got the tools you’d want to see.

Any commitment’s a good commitment in a camp imo.

We have a very organized group of coaches, I like the way the camp was run today very much.

IPF looked great with all the walls dressed up.

So,,, do you think he might project at corner?

Or is he purely a safety?

So,,, do you think he might project at corner?

Or is he purely a safety?
Or is he the new hybrid we seem to favor as the nickel? (Which plays >50% of downs anyways)

Yes I saw this kids tape n I gotta say I was very very impressed! I’m not sure about the level of competition but still looks very fast, very good hands, and got a lot a shake! Great pickup! I’m starting to love this pipeline

Like Lemoynecuse said, now our top rated prospect and what a difference him and Mahar made... Class went from 70th to 59th and up to 11th in ACC... LFG

I obviously trust the staff more than football writers, but All Day evaluated him and now has him as our top prospect in the class. Mahar second. Good weekend!
Was just about to post this. I watched videos of him today working out at Dinos camp last weekend, and WOW. The kid is fast and fluid. This was a great pickup. If he grew up in Florida he is a 4 star top 300 recruit all day IMO.

I obviously trust the staff more than football writers, but All Day evaluated him and now has him as our top prospect in the class. Mahar second. Good weekend!
Like Lemoynecuse said, now our top rated prospect and what a difference him and Mahar made... Class went from 70th to 59th and up to 11th in ACC... LFG

Funny that just a few weeks ago, some posters were complaining about the quality of the class. Just like last year.

Oops.

I think a lot of the concern would have been alleviated if we had gotten one of our two top QBs.

That's fine -- but maybe the fanbase just needs to recognize that this coaching staff has done an exceptional job identifying talent and bringing in guys capable of going toe-to-toe with athletes from top programs -- and avoid ring alarm bells in June / July.