Class of 2018 - S Cameron Jonas (FL) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S Cameron Jonas (FL) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

@Stephen_Bailey1
Credit SU and DBs coach Nick Monroe for keeping offer on table. Jonas said Monroe immediately made that clear upon being informed of injury.

That's too bad, wasn't aware of that. I think we have now 3 kids in this class recovering from ACL injuries.

That's too bad, wasn't aware of that. I think we have now 3 kids in this class recovering from ACL injuries.
One of those you may be thinking of is Trill Williams and I believe he is completely recovered.

One of those you may be thinking of is Trill Williams and I believe he is completely recovered.

Yeah him and Lutz are recovered. Maybe they can all compare scars.

Probably 9-12 months before full return contingent on surgery and rehab. Safe play is redshirt in 2018.

The seeming reality from PS article is we got him because of our willingness to take him despite the recent injury. A chance that other programs werent willing to take and our program needs to be willing to take at this point.

Hopeful it pays off for us and him as he is a legit safety.

Probably 9-12 months before full return contingent on surgery and rehab. Safe play is redshirt in 2018.

The seeming reality from PS article is we got him because of our willingness to take him despite the recent injury. A chance that other programs werent willing to take and our program needs to be willing to take at this point.

Hopeful it pays off for us and him as he is a legit safety.
He didn't only choose SU because of the injury. We were definitely one of his top choices since his visit. It just accelerated the process.

He didn't only choose SU because of the injury. We were definitely one of his top choices since his visit. It just accelerated the process.
The "Family Atmosphere" really shows itself when a team is ready to stand by you through your injury and not take a step back.

With another year of Cordy, Foster, and Ellison, a redshirt should be a good plan if he needs it.

So excited about the defensive backfield recruits in the 17 and 18 classes, really shaping up to be a much stronger unit consistently.

Does anyone know whether Eric Coley has been working at corner or safety?

Does he have any brothers we can recruit too?
download.jpg

I'll see myself out...

Hate to see a kid get hurt. But that's a positive from our perspective.

As long as the surgery is done properly, and the rehab as well, you can come back and be 100% from an ACL tear.

As has been said, sign him, redshirt him in 2018 and then you have a 4-star safety as a redshirt freshman for 3-4 years.

Love it.

There is a lot of good young depth at safety, he will have time to recover and redshirt.

Yup, read the first article and was super excited given his offer list and film. Then, the second article and blowing out his ACL. can't help but wonder if it's a bad injury and he jumped on Cuse to ensure a spot given the significance of the injury. Most likely me being paranoid, sounds like a great kid that enjoys the staff.

Yup, read the first article and was super excited given his offer list and film. Then, the second article and blowing out his ACL. can't help but wonder if it's a bad injury and he jumped on Cuse to ensure a spot given the significance of the injury. Most likely me being paranoid, sounds like a great kid that enjoys the staff.
Yes, you're being paranoid. :)

Yeah the ACL isn't a worry, this is a big W.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom