Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Remains to be seen
it won't be seen because one is playing at a mid major and the other might not play d1 college fb. But Sampson & Jordan would have been contributors if they had made it here...

But back to Cornelius. Definitely encouraging tweets from him of late but I remain skeptical. Unless Miami gave him a deadline to flip and then pulled his offer I still think there's a long battle.

it won't be seen because one is playing at a mid major and the other might not play d1 college fb. But Sampson & Jordan would have been contributors if they had made it here...

But back to Cornelius. Definitely encouraging tweets from him of late but I remain skeptical. Unless Miami gave him a deadline to flip and then pulled his offer I still think there's a long battle.

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth. However, it seems like Howard is likely to contribute faster than Jordan would have. No way Jordan was sniffing the field for two years (155lbs as a RB in the ACC? Please). Howard is physically ready now.

That doesn’t mean Jordan doesnt have a higher upside (though, honestly, I don’t see it). It just means that Howard has the physical tools to contribute faster than Jordan. Also, if we wanted a speedy 155lb person consistently running the ball, then we would have let Riley run it last year.

I’m not trying to put words in your mouth. However, it seems like Howard is likely to contribute faster than Jordan would have. No way Jordan was sniffing the field for two years (155lbs as a RB in the ACC? Please). Howard is physically ready now.

That doesn’t mean Jordan doesnt have a higher upside (though, honestly, I don’t see it). It just means that Howard has the physical tools to contribute faster than Jordan. Also, if we wanted a speedy 155lb person consistently running the ball, then we would have let Riley run it last year.
I like Howard but in terms of pure talent, Jordan was electric and would have been our best player in space almost immediately.

I couldn't agree any more. Howard is I believe going to be a stud and a workhorse.

Have we actually heard anything about Howard yet? I mean, the guy takes a nice picture, but has anybody said anything about how good he actually is?

Have we actually heard anything about Howard yet? I mean, the guy takes a nice picture, but has anybody said anything about how good he actually is?

Not that I know of. This is all based strictly on the fact that Howard is physically ready at 5’10 210. Jordan, on the other hand, was like 5’10” 155. They both had nice film (but I loved Howard’s blocking for this offense).

In short, Howard needs to understand our offense before he can play, but he is physically ready now. Jordan would have needed two years minimum to merely be PHYSICALLY ready.

EDIT: Jawhar Jordan is taller than I thought. 5'10''

Last edited:
No. Just the usual " he is going to be a star" before he has played a down of college football talk.
That’s what’s fun though! We get to speculate wildly about the potential success of two players that will never be side by side when neither have played a down of college ball.

That’s what’s fun though! We get to speculate wildly about the potential success of two players that will never be side by side when neither have played a down of college ball.
I said it about Alabama's QB Tua Tagovailoa , before he even landed one foot on the team.

I like Howard but in terms of pure talent, Jordan was electric and would have been our best player in space almost immediately.
I think this is true.

Not that I know of. This is all based strictly on the fact that Howard is physically ready at 5’10 210. Jordan, on the other hand, was like 5’6” 155. They both had nice film (but I loved Howard’s blocking for this offense).

In short, Howard needs to understand our offense before he can play, but he is physically ready now. Jordan would have needed two years minimum to merely be PHYSICALLY ready.
Jordan was also 5'10". Listed at 160 but easily could have been 185 before the season with a full summer. He would have been bigger than Moe as a freshman, and Moe played as a freshman.

Not that it matters anymore, since Jawhar isn't coming, but let's not create a narrative that's simply not true.

Bnoro keeping us on point.
If I'm elected to anything he can be my press secretary.

Jordan was also 5'10". Listed at 160 but easily could have been 185 before the season with a full summer. He would have been bigger than Moe as a freshman, and Moe played as a freshman.

Not that it matters anymore, since Jawhar isn't coming, but let's not create a narrative that's simply not true.

I was going from memory on Jordan. I legitimately didn't realize he was that tall (I edited my post). Regardless, putting 25 lbs on even after a full summer seems a bit steep. Regardless, maybe you're right.