Class of 2019 - S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Cornelius Nunn Jr (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

I don’t like the idea of decommitting and coming back when we’re ranked. Just doesn’t feel right.

I don’t like the idea of decommitting and coming back when we’re ranked. Just doesn’t feel right.
I understand a decommit, but I don’t like flip flopping every other week. This is a unique position for young kids to be in, and a lot of times they don’t get the most sound advice...

just wish the system was set up for them to slow down and take their time. A lot of guys commit to hold a spot then work their way up bc if they don’t they run the risk of being left in the cold.

Not an easy position to be in. Bouncing around consistently though, I see that as potentially indicative other problems.

I understand a decommit, but I don’t like flip flopping every other week. This is a unique position for young kids to be in, and a lot of times they don’t get the most sound advice...

just wish the system was set up for them to slow down and take their time. A lot of guys commit to hold a spot then work their way up bc if they don’t they run the risk of being left in the cold.

Not an easy position to be in. Bouncing around consistently though, I see that as potentially indicative other problems.
Besides we’re ranked now... we shouldn’t have to deal with this type of treatment anymore!

Last edited:
Who was that db two or three years ago.. hallemon? Holoman? Kept flippin around

I don't know I can cut the kid a break. You know how much pressure he must have had from friends, coaches, and probably even some family to commit to the hometown team that i'm sure he idolized growing up. I actually think it shows a ton of maturity to back out of the decision once he knew that it didn't feel right. I'm sure he had to disappoint some coaches he built strong relationships with as well as friends. This is a pretty unique case imo

giphy.gif.cf.gif

You were the perfect customer when I was a car salesman. You said you would be back with your wife to buy the car that night... even shook my hand...
I actually think a college is a bigger investment than a truck. Although it’s getting close. Ur also wrong cause if I liked it I bought whether it was good or bad. Most of time bad.

I don't know I can cut the kid a break. You know how much pressure he must have had from friends, coaches, and probably even some family to commit to the hometown team that i'm sure he idolized growing up. I actually think it shows a ton of maturity to back out of the decision once he knew that it didn't feel right. I'm sure he had to disappoint some coaches he built strong relationships with as well as friends. This is a pretty unique case imo

Agreed. Principled stands in recruiting are pointless.

I actually think a college is a bigger investment than a truck. Although it’s getting close. Ur also wrong cause if I liked it I bought whether it was good or bad. Most of time bad.

LOL, just busting your chops.

So you weren't one of those kids that your parents had to tell "Just because your friends are doing it doesn't mean you have to".
I can only imagine the amount of peer pressure Nunn had to deal with urging him to commit to Miami. Then add in the effect of Social Media on kids trying to make a major life decision. I give him credit for backing off his commitments and rethinking his decision.

Does anyone know why he decommitted from Miami in the first place? Little bit murky.