Class of 2019 - S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC

If things go like I expect them, Dorian's North Shore team will have a rematch against Katy in three weeks. I may go to that game again.

Dorian is a speedster, seems slightly undersized for a safety? Is he going to transition to a corner for us? I know Babers is targeting faster guys to compete with the ACC level receivers. Curious to see where he ends up playing for cuse. Love the speed.

Dorian is a speedster, seems slightly undersized for a safety? Is he going to transition to a corner for us? I know Babers is targeting faster guys to compete with the ACC level receivers. Curious to see where he ends up playing for cuse. Love the speed.

That was always my guess too. I'd imagine he'd be better in college at CB, not S.

That was always my guess too. I'd imagine he'd be better in college at CB, not S.

Maybe. But then again, maybe he adds 20 pounds but retains the speed.

Or maybe he's a WR, or a kick returner with wheels like his.

Either way, kid seems like a good gamble -- you either have top end speed or you don't. Will be interesting to see where he ends up fitting in.

As I reported earlier in this thread, the game I saw him play, his speed was not overly impressive. He was outrun by a QB and seemed to be step behind the guys he was covering. Now, that said, it could be more he's slow with his hips on his directional changes or was just playing cautiously.

???
I'm guessing he's saying mission accomplished in the sense that his team beat Dickinson earlier this afternoon (game was at 1, tweet at 4:25).

FWIW, I'm encouraged that Baylor is recruiting this guy. Rhule's strategy has been to target athletes first and foremost and worry about figuring out how they fit as football players once they get on campus. Hewett's lack of offers despite being at an absolute powerhouse of a program is discouraging, but obviously Baylor sees what Syracuse sees, and I find that encouraging.

I'm guessing he's saying mission accomplished in the sense that his team beat Dickinson earlier this afternoon (game was at 1, tweet at 4:25).

FWIW, I'm encouraged that Baylor is recruiting this guy. Rhule's strategy has been to target athletes first and foremost and worry about figuring out how they fit as football players once they get on campus. Hewett's lack of offers despite being at an absolute powerhouse of a program is discouraging, but obviously Baylor sees what Syracuse sees, and I find that encouraging.
Yes. I'm hoping that is what he meant also.

Doesn't seem that to many posters are overly excited about this kid.

The only thing that matters is what the coaches think and know.

True. But they dont post here, do they? ;) I see him as a Dorian Graham type of recruit. That's fine to be rounding out the class and to bring some goodwill to a recruiting area we're trying to make inroads.

Last edited:
We’re about to make a move at DB U and take Florida’s claim.

Im not worried about Baylor.

Iffy, Cisco, Trill, Jonas, Nunn, CF and even Coley too are phenomenol.

We’re about to make a move at DB U and take Florida’s claim.

Im not worried about Baylor.

Iffy, Cisco, Trill, Jonas, Nunn, CF and even Coley too are phenomenol.
kind of my point is this kid compared to what we have and got coming in did we reach out to early. I know we didn't have all the insight what we have or after getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom