Class of 2019 - S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC

What I was told is he won't be signing today. My guess is because of his HS championship schedule he wasn't able to take his Official. Expect him to sign in February.

Sign with Syracuse in February?

His HS is 15-0 and going to State. Jeesus, how many games do these kids play?

It wouldn't have taken much for him to FAX in his NLI. Still, I'm confident he'll sign. Dino exudes confidence and gives these kids a long leash to make their own informed decision. That is, he really wants them to committ and buy in of their own volition, more than being coerced by telling them their spot might not be available or some such pressure tactics. It's there choice based on our program. It's how a Nunn comes back to papa maybe.
At least that's my humble cold take on the matter.
BTW, any word on Nazir Burnett? EDIT: Nevermind somebody just posted in another thread - signing in Feb.

His HS is 15-0 and going to State. Jeesus, how many games do these kids play?

It wouldn't have taken much for him to FAX in his NLI. Still, I'm confident he'll sign. Dino exudes confidence and gives these kids a long leash to make their own informed decision. That is, he really wants them to committ and buy in of their own volition, more than being coerced by telling them their spot might not be available or some such pressure tactics. It's there choice based on our program. It's how a Nunn comes back to papa maybe.
At least that's my humble cold take on the matter.

Maybe he wants to actually visit our campus first?

He visited for camp but never took an official...anywhere. If I were his parents I would certainly want to see where my kid was going for the next four years. Especially that far away from home.
Hope he makes it, but if someone else comes along, the team needs to fill the slot.

So, this is most likely associated with his HS advancing deep into the Texas state playoffs -- which precluded him from visiting?

Or is the staff looking to shift this scholie back into play?

So, this is most likely associated with his HS advancing deep into the Texas state playoffs -- which precluded him from visiting?

Yes
No
Some others have said in the past Dino has a policy of you must visit to sign and Dorian hasn't had time to take his official yet

Yes
No
Some others have said in the past Dino has a policy of you must visit to sign and Dorian hasn't had time to take his official yet

That makes perfect sense -- this is the only commit unsigned at this point, right? That would certainly explain why.

I don't know for sure but the conclusion I came to was his inability to take his ov because of his team playing for the championship. He came up for camp and received a written offer from SU so I think they were serious about wanting him.

I don't know for sure but the conclusion I came to was his inability to take his ov because of his team playing for the championship. He came up for camp and received a written offer from SU so I think they were serious about wanting him.
I think a lot has changed since that time.

I think a lot has changed since that time.

His team's success has led to greater visibility. He hits well, but he's a little small. If we lose him, well, we've got a ton of quality young DBs. I'm not too worried. Always happy to add a good player, but only if he wants to be here.

His team's success has led to greater visibility. He hits well, but he's a little small. If we lose him, well, we've got a ton of quality young DBs. I'm not too worried. Always happy to add a good player, but only if he wants to be here.
Who ever said he didn't want to play for Syracuse?

Who ever said he didn't want to play for Syracuse?

I think it was being implied by the poster I was responding to. Yes, Dino doesn't let them sign until they visit. That's good sense. You want kids to have walked the place before they decide if they want to live here the next 4 or 5 years. Fewer transfers out that way, kids are bought in.

That's my point. We have signed many after him (CBs & Safeties) and higher rated, not to mention what we have in our stable. I would use the scholly if we need for a much more of a need if his OV drags on to far.

That's my point. We have signed many after him (CBs & Safeties) and higher rated, not to mention what we have in our stable. I would use the scholly if we need for a much more of a need if his OV drags on to far.
This is the Dead Period. He can't visit until it's over. He will be signing in February. Nothing has changed.

This is the Dead Period. He can't visit until it's over. He will be signing in February. Nothing has changed.
If you want to watch Dorian play, his team plays Duncanville for the Texas UIL 6A Division I Championship Saturday night at 8 pm EST on Fox College Sports (Central).

I believe the state championship games are played in the Jerry Dome. North Shore has at least 1 D1 prospect in the class of 2020 and if memory serves, their sophomore QB is expected to be a major recruit in the class of 2021.

It looks like I can watch it on Spectrum in CNY. If you have a big sports package, you might be able to as well.

North Shore did not have any players sign early. They have DE headed to Texas Tech, a WR going to UTEP, and a CB likely going to Texas Tech. I bet it is a team agreement (as opposed to a Dino thing) to not sign while they are still in the playoffs.

They are loaded with 2020 prospects as well. Number 1 overall RB Zachary Evans is the headliner, but they have another 3 who are at least 3 star prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom