Class of 2016 - S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 S Eric Burrell (MD) Verbal to Wisconsin

If I'm not mistaken, I think they're looking at him as a combo DB...so he might wind up at CB. Same as Scoop.
Just want the kid in the fold man. Where we play him will come down later on

So much for taking all of his visits before deciding, but honestly the writing has been on the wall for awhile on this one, I think...he's been ultra positive Wisconsin lately...

Well this has definitely been a disappointing week so far.

Good, we didn't have a helmet that would fit him anyway. I am just joking, btw. This is not true sour grapes.

The football facilities and/or the blondes in Madison must be off the charts...

Time to move on, Devon Clarke , who has size is up next. 5'11" safeties's much less 5'8" safeties don't cut it at this level unless your name is Shamarko. Tebucky and Donavan were not sub 6' safeties and they put the fear of god into anyone crossing the field. Clarke WANTED to come here but was told to hold up. Unless grades are an issue, it's time to give this young man the green light.

Last edited:
Time to move on, Devon Clarke , who has size is up next. 5'11" safeties's much less 5'8" safeties don't cut it at this level unless your name is Shamarko. Tebucky and Donavan were not sub 6' safeties and they put the fear of god into anyone crossing the field. Clarke WANTED to come here but was told to hold up. Unless grades are an issue, it's time to give this young man the green light.
But who is the best out of this group Clarke , Burch, Cycoby, or Butler

I’m not going to lose sleep over a 5-11 170# safety.
Agree. Speed to the ball doesn't mean anything if the player can't close the deal (make/missed tackle), safety or LBer wise.

Last edited:
Who's the quickest of the biggest? Size wise, I'd say Clarke, 6'3" 190ish. I don't know all the details of any of them at this moment.

Who's the best? Who knows. The team needs the biggest, fastest players they can get. 240-250 lb. DE's are the same size as SEC LBer's. I'd prefer SU goes to a 3-4 front if this is the best they can do with DE's. LBer's don't have to be fast to the ball as they don't have to cover as much territory as they do in a 4-3 front. Also move Taylor back into one of the safety spots. I guess HCSS forgot that when his D was # 9 in 2010 he had Doug Hogue, 6'3" 240ish as a wrecker.

Burch and Butler (by the way Burch IS Cycoby) are the top two left on the board. Clarke is a distant third.

if we could just win some football games, recruiting would be a lot more fun. its such an uphill battle with how poorly our team has been for a decade. I suppose I am still not fully appreciating how things went south so quickly. now, its like pushing a boulder uphill. you can't recruit unless you win. you can't win, unless you get the recruits. we need exceptional coaching or get very lucky somewhere along the line to break the status quo. until then, we lose to what now have become the bigger name programs 9/10 times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom