Class of 2018 - S John Huggins (FL) Decommitted from FSU/Verbal to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S John Huggins (FL) Decommitted from FSU/Verbal to Florida

Huggins Inching Closer to Second ACC Offer?

South's No. 35 Safety John Huggins Inching Closer to Second ACC Offer?

http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/avatar/1272352.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Corey Bender
10:57 AM
John Huggins, the 35th-ranked safety in the South, has a timetable for when he wants to reveal his collegiate decision.

John Huggins previously tagged Toledo as the front-runner in his recruitment, but now, nearly a dozen offers later, the three-star prospect says all suitors are on a level playing field.

Huggins, who hails from Deltona (Fla.) Pine Ridge, is labeled as Scout's 35th-ranked safety in the South for the class of 2018.

"To be honest with you, I don't have a top school," Huggins said. "There are schools in the bunch that I plan on visiting in the summer, like Syracuse, Wake Forest, UCF, Toledo, Georgia Tech, etc.

"More will come to mind with the more interest that comes."

John Huggins
Pine Ridge HSDeltona, FL
6'0" / 194 lbs / 4.61s
Verified
  • Offers10

The up-and-coming prospect recently hit the jackpot by earning his initial opportunity on the Power Five level, from the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.

"First off, (they have) great academics and some of the best academics in the nation for business management," Huggins said. "They also have a great environment and football facility; just beautiful.

"I also feel like I am building a strong relationship with (linebackers) coach (Brad) Sherrod the more and more we talk. Overall, I am real excited about them."

If all goes as planned, the 6-foot, 194-pound Huggins will be rewarded with an additional ACC offer as soon as next week.

"Well, Toledo shows the most love, but Syracuse is catching up with them," Huggins said. "I talk to their DBs coach, coach (Nick) Monroe, every day and they come to see me next week, which I am pretty excited about.

"They should be (offering) once they see me next Monday."

No date is locked in on the calendar, but Huggins does not plan to wait until National Signing Day to pull himself off the recruiting market.

"I should make a decision before the start of the season, or in the middle," Huggins said. "That's the plan."

Offers from Mercer, App St, FAU, Marshall, NIU, Toledo, Tulane, Southern Miss, Wake Forest

I love this photoshop stuff we're doing. How does it compare to some of the big boys? Are we on par with them?

I love this photoshop stuff we're doing. How does it compare to some of the big boys? Are we on par with them?

Obviously not recruits but... (i'm not really a fan)

upload_2017-5-2_9-5-35.png

I'd say ours is right up there with that image. That is pretty cool though.