Class of 2022 - S Keon Sabb (NJ) Portal from Michigan to Alabama | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 S Keon Sabb (NJ) Portal from Michigan to Alabama

Did I read this guy is 6'3 210 and sub 4.5? Why couldn't we put him at corner and leave Duce FS? Let's have a big corner again like we had with Garrett outside.

It's amazing that now when a high quality transfer puts his name in the portal, we get mentioned as one to watch.
We've been told for many years you can't recruit to Syracuse.
Yep Marrone was our only good coach since P was fired, but he wasn’t a recruiter and the other three were just stiffs to varying degrees in general. On the other side of the coin, Fran and ERob are just so elite at recruiting, they are doing what most couldn’t here, even good coaches(ie Cignetti’s of the world who are excellent coaches but couldn’t pull his kind of stuff off)

Yep Marrone was our only good coach since P was fired, but he wasn’t a recruiter and the other three were just stiffs to varying degrees in general. On the other side of the coin, Fran and ERob are just so elite at recruiting, they are doing what most couldn’t here, even good coaches(ie Cignetti’s of the world who are excellent coaches but couldn’t pull his kind of stuff off)
Yeah agree this^^. I get why some people like to say "people said you can't recruit and see we can " and again I get it but people also need to recognize the sort of unbelievable sequence of unicorn things that transpired. We brought in the top recruiter in the country, an alpha recruiter who is as strongly tied to NJ, who reeled in another alpha recruiter with also strong NJ/Philly ties who freed up when a HC departed and happens to be best friends with Alpha 1 and then we reel in a 3rd Alpha recruiter Williams. So yeah certainly naysayers were proven perhaps wrong but we are benefiting from absolutely a unicorn scenario.

Just an FYI, GW is listed at 5'10"
And 6’ 0” at Syracuse for an example of how college numbers can be a bit exaggerated.

Did I read this guy is 6'3 210 and sub 4.5? Why couldn't we put him at corner and leave Duce FS? Let's have a big corner again like we had with Garrett outside.
6’ 1” 208 on the Michigan roster listing.

We have studs at safety in Clark, Barron, and Grant. Gould is obviously good too. But you don’t say no to this kid. This kid starts day 1.

Then you have Bellamy, Chestnut and Barnes at corner. That’s a good secondary
Grant was supposedly brought in to play cornerback. Not sure where Deuce will be playing yet though. Think you may just need to swap Grant and Chestnut.

So Cusefan69 Grant is your big corner and the frosh Ibn McDaniels has a ton of length as well. Similar to Isaiah Johnson this past season and Iffy just a few years ago. You may have been thinking of him.

Saab would certainly get starter field time here.

6’ 1” 208 on the Michigan roster listing.
Good size and the speed in the secondary, you can make a mistake and have a chance to recover. We are bringing in DB's running 4.38-4.46, and 10.5- 10.6.
Those are playmakers with upside.

Ok, we are fairly set with DBs. so not a huge loss for us but I hope we can get his younger brothers. They are Jersey kids.

Bummer... prob didn't help to have such a shortened timeline. Fran is getting guys by building relationships. When it comes down to sheer rep of the program, Cuse vs Alabama, that's gonna be a tough win for now.

Bummer... prob didn't help to have such a shortened timeline. Fran is getting guys by building relationships. When it comes down to sheer rep of the program, Cuse vs Alabama, that's gonna be a tough win for now.
Yeah and I'm also wondering if NIL is playing a part too. We made a lot of movement pre-signing day both portal and upgrading the HS class and some of these major programs with coaching changes and significant portal entries (like Alabama) might have some reserve funds they're sitting on or freed up NIL due to departures.

True but we’ve already beat them head to head for Diggs … keep the faith brother.
Oh I do... but that's what I mean. With Diggs the staff had time to talk to and visit with the young man. This was just a couple days where the kid had time to pick just on reputation and NIL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom