Class of 2018 - S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

images.jpg

He's a scrappy, gym rat, high-motor, sneaky athletic, high football IQ, good fundamentals, deceptive speed, grinder, lunch pail guy that plays the game the right way.

Add grit and I think we got them all!

Did I get them all?

He's a scrappy, gym rat, high-motor, sneaky athletic, high football IQ, good fundamentals, deceptive speed, grinder, lunch pail guy that plays the game the right way.

Did I get them all?

Spill the beans guy.

Did I get them all?
Plucky quickness, extension of the coach on the field...I'd also compare him to Amendola, Brian Hartline, Edelman, & Cole Beasley. Hoping he can be the next Pat Woocock at SU.

Edit: Heard he's a great locker room guy as well. & by "heard", I mean I assume.

I really liked his film as a RB and wasn't too impressed with him on D. I can see him as the previously mentioned slot receiver but liked his vision behind the line from the backfield.

I don't know about this kid. I'm trust Babers but I didn't want to follow a 4 star committ with a NR fast kid who has zero offers anywhere else. I was hoping to keep up with the big boys and get guys who have quality offers. We shall see on Lutz if he's any good.

I don't know about this kid. I'm trust Babers but I didn't want to follow a 4 star committ with a NR fast kid who has zero offers anywhere else. I was hoping to keep up with the big boys and get guys who have quality offers. We shall see on Lutz if he's any good.
Hes very good. Offers fell off due to the injury. Any early offer commit by Dino has my trust. This staff has a good eye for talent and recruits to fit their system. Lutz is a solid get.

Did I get them all?
He goes out and gives 110%, and he's just focused on the next game.

Hes very good. Offers fell off due to the injury. Any early offer commit by Dino has my trust. This staff has a good eye for talent and recruits to fit their system. Lutz is a solid get.
Agree. At the slot, you don't need guys who run 10.5 100m, or are 6'4 and jump like Stevie Thompson. You need guys who are quick, tough, big enough to take hits on passes over the middle and have great hands.

Not to pick on Sean Riley, but he is a sophomore, was listed at 151 pounds as a frosh and is listed at 150 pounds on the current roster. And he is 5'8.

His ceiling isn't very high. I suspect his physical limitations will prevent him from ever being a great slot receiver (though hope I am wrong on that).

No question in my mind that kcsu is right...that broken leg changed his recruitment in a major way. We did a great job staying with him and being loyal when no one else would.

I look at him and see him being a starter in a year and an all conference player for a couple of seasons. Really like his potential.

Looking at his highlights the thing that stands out is his acceleration. Tremendous burst. Top end is good not great bit he climbs the ladder in a hurry. Long frame as well, potential dynamite here. As he adds strength he's the type of athlete in the slot that will give everyone fits.

Looking at his highlights the thing that stands out is his acceleration. Tremendous burst. Top end is good not great bit he climbs the ladder in a hurry. Long frame as well, potential dynamite here. As he adds strength he's the type of athlete in the slot that will give everyone fits.
No expert, but I agree. Your observation seems consistent with his reported track times.

Basically how I feel. If Babers wanted him now, that means he thinks other teams are gonna pursue him hard. Didnt want to take a chance and lose him.