Class of 2018 - S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S/RB Cooper Lutz (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

This kid reminds me of a young Christian McCaffery, (sp) he is really good. I think he is going to be our hidden gem. "if we can get him" Glad we our on him first.

Thats a great comparison.

That's impressive for his size.

I'll get more excited when some other teams offer and come after him. Kid has the right make up though. Seems to be athletic and a hard worker. I dont like these kids that max out so early. Unless they are a 5-star type, i prefer them a little raw and dough-y.

I'll get more excited when some other teams offer and come after him. Kid has the right make up though. Seems to be athletic and a hard worker. I dont like these kids that max out so early. Unless they are a 5-star type, i prefer them a little raw and dough-y.
That's probably not going to happen. Some of these kids take their word(verbal commit) very seriously, and completely shut down their recruiting. If another school should offer, anyway, I doubt the kid would post it, for fear of jeopardizing his offer.

Staff took him early. That should tell you what they think about him.

That's probably not going to happen. Some of these kids take their word(verbal commit) very seriously, and completely shut down their recruiting. If another school should offer, anyway, I doubt the kid would post it, for fear of jeopardizing his offer.

Staff took him early. That should tell you what they think about him.
I'll say this, I fully expect Cooper to have a big year, and get plenty more attention. His brother goes to PSU, which always makes me nervous. I for one hope he stays under the radar all the way to December when he signs with us. Kid is gonna put up huge numbers in Dino's system.

I'll say this, I fully expect Cooper to have a big year, and get plenty more attention. His brother goes to PSU, which always makes me nervous. I for one hope he stays under the radar all the way to December when he signs with us. Kid is gonna put up huge numbers in Dino's system.
Ped State already has 20 commits, Cooper would have to have a pretty special year at this point.

We've added some serious speed at the skill spots this class. I know he wasn't a camp commit but Lutz reminds me of the Nykiem Johnson commitment last year.

Reactions: 007

Remember, he missed most of last year with an injury.

I'm relatively sure - maybe 2? And I'm pretty damn sure they aren't a 17 year old kid coming off of knee surgery.

Last edited:
We've added some serious speed at the skill spots this class. I know he wasn't a camp commit but Lutz reminds me of the Nykiem Johnson commitment last year.

Elite speed gets magnified in Babers offense. We've added several skill guys with good to elite speed in the last 2 cycles. Next season, people are going to be talking about how fast Syracuse is and it will be more than just the tempo.

Was re-watching the coaches cast NCG, at one point they were talking about the bunched sets Clemson was running allot of different stuff out of. I think it was Dave Doeren who piped in "Dino will line up against you like that and then run four verticals" and everybody breaks out laughing. Soon they won't be laughing.