Class of 2018 - S /WR Andrew Licciardi (RI) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 S /WR Andrew Licciardi (RI) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

First route in his pinned highlight... doesn't get any purdier than that.

Cue the Don Corleone voice:

Licciardi is now part of La Famiglia. We made him an offer he couldn't refuse. And having Tommy DeVito talk some sense to him didn't hurt none either. No disrespect but, Mount Union and Lehigh, these are small-time Families. Small time. He comes to Syracuse, pays his dues and maybe someday he can have a family of his own like the Marrone boy did.

East Greenwich is the wealthiest town in RI my guess is cost isn’t a problem.
Asked my friend who coached against him as his HS is in the lowest division of RI HS because his town is so small.
He told me he is a small kid who plays the slot and is a smaller Wes Welker/Julian Edelman flea type player.
Hope the kid is quick and can work his butt off and develop.
I wouldn’t expect him to do anything for us before 2 years of S&C.

He could be a practice squad player to start but the speed of P5 will be a lot for him as RI HSFB isn’t that good.

East Greenwich is the wealthiest town in RI my guess is cost isn’t a problem.
Asked my friend who coached against him as his HS is in the lowest division of RI HS because his town is so small.
He told me he is a small kid who plays the slot and is a smaller Wes Welker/Julian Edelman flea type player.
Hope the kid is quick and can work his butt off and develop.
I wouldn’t expect him to do anything for us before 2 years of S&C.

He could be a practice squad player to start but the speed of P5 will be a lot for him as RI HSFB isn’t that good.
According to his Hudl profile he is 5'10 170...the same size that Sharod and Nykiem Johnson were listed at in their hudls.

According to his Hudl profile he is 5'10 170...the same size that Sharod and Nykiem Johnson were listed at in their hudls.
Yeah I wouldn’t consider that to be a profile of a big kid.
I think he could be a nice slot player who develops.
I just think he will take 2-3 years to get acclimated to the faster game.
RI HSFB is not fast at all.

Understood, looking at film, the athleticism of our schollie players the same size and the competition levels are light years apart. HS football in the northeast is lacking, especially at the small enrollment schools.

Understood, looking at film, the athleticism of our schollie players the same size and the competition levels are light years apart. HS football in the northeast is lacking, especially at the small enrollment schools.
That is a broad generalization about the size of schools our players come from...Cooper Lutz and Berks Catholic say hello.

That is a broad generalization about the size of schools our players come from...Cooper Lutz and Berks Catholic say hello.
His school has 79 less than enrolled at Stepinac- Trill Williams. Those 79 make a world of difference...

Jarveon Howard's and Taj Harris school are about half the size.

4.47 40
4.13 shuttle

Last edited:

Don't think I am that far off. CL comes from a slightly bigger school; they are both 160-200 per class enrollment. CL played in Reading PA and Licciardi in New England. Ok, I called it the NE initially. PA is the BS in the NE. The fb in Reading PA blows away this small RI town. I played in a similar small town. I wish Licciardi all the best and hope he starts for us some day. Point is, kids his size ( and he is 20#lighter) comimg out ) vs. Kids the same size coming from tbe south or even PA , have a huge, distinct advantage based on coaching , training, and competition level. There is a reason the kids his general size from the south recieved offers worth 200k while he has to play his way onto the team. Geography and competition .

Generated a 4* this cycle, in Xavier Truss..
Listen I love my home state and I am glad this kid is coming to SU but RI HSFB isn’t good.

RI has produced Will Blackman, Jamie Silva, and Mike Cloud these guys went to BC and all made the NFL but the state is lucky if it produces 1 P5 recruit a year.
I hope Andrew develops and as an upperclassman could be a scholarship guy.

Don't think I am that far off. CL comes from a slightly bigger school; they are both 160-200 per class enrollment. CL played in Reading PA and Licciardi in New England. Ok, I called it the NE initially. PA is the BS in the NE. The fb in Reading PA blows away this small RI town. I played in a similar small town. I wish Licciardi all the best and hope he starts for us some day. Point is, kids his size ( and he is 20#lighter) comimg out ) vs. Kids the same size coming from tbe south or even PA , have a huge, distinct advantage based on coaching , training, and competition level. There is a reason the kids his general size from the south recieved offers worth 200k while he has to play his way onto the team. Geography and competition .

I lived in Reading. I'm familiar with the competition. Berks Catholic plays a parochial school schedule. This isn't taking anything away from them or Lutz but rather a comment on your generalization of talent level and competition.

Listen I love my home state and I am glad this kid is coming to SU but RI HSFB isn’t good.

RI has produced Will Blackman, Jamie Silva, and Mike Cloud these guys went to BC and all made the NFL but the state is lucky if it produces 1 P5 recruit a year.
I hope Andrew develops and as an upperclassman could be a scholarship guy.
It's a little better than you think. No hot bed, for sure. There's only 1 million people. As a percentage of players that get recruited for d1, it's better than 15 other states...including Michigan..

I lived in Reading. I'm familiar with the competition. Berks Catholic plays a parochial school schedule. This isn't taking anything away from them or Lutz but rather a comment on your generalization of talent level and competition.

Tbanks for the insight. All i have read through the years tells me PA HS FB is alot more competitive than anywhere in NE. Hence, the fact our PWO was so dominant, yet only offered by lower D1 programs and D2 and D3 programs. I get it...that said I love the fact Cuse is giving him a shot!

I like this kid's film...but what do I know?
A Wes Welker/Julian Edelman pain-in-the-ass slot receiver would work wonders in this offense.
One can dream...

I think the hot bed recruiting areas deserve it(population,large schools,spring ball). But I also think the underbelly gets a positive bias, based on geography, the same as a bias against lesser recruited areas. The #'s prove it.
Florida has nearly 10% of it's players recruited. Then Texas, California. As a percent of population, they don't do nearly as well, sending kids to the NFL.
Florida is #23.. California #29, Texas #10
L6phHCf.png

That being said, I have no preconcieved bias against Mr. Licciardi, based on where he was born. Glad to have him aboard!

Last edited:
Isn't RI the gorilla juicehead capital of the world? Those dudes got game. It's the stuff between their ears (or lack thereof) that gets in the way.

Seriously though, this is a solid get for a PWO. Some very good things on tape with this kid. Will he ever play at the D1 level? Who can say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom