6'3" 170

24-7 lists offers from
Indiana
Iowa
Marshall
South Alabama
UAB
UCF

When did UAB offer? Had to be last year, before their progam was iced, right?

When did UAB offer? Had to be last year, before their progam was iced, right?
Maybe Alaska has opened a new campus in Barrow and plans to field a squad.

Free Article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t.../story/1540066-drayton-has-ties-to-the-orange

Drayton has ties to the Orange
Scott Shafer and the Syracuse Orange had success when they dipped into Largo (Fla.) High School for defensive back Cordell Hudson, who redshirted during his initial year in Central New York.

The ACC program is hoping for similar success this time around with Hudson's former teammate, Brandon Drayton. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound athlete is starting to gain some steam on the recruiting trail and hit double-digit scholarship offers when the Orange rewarded him with the opportunity to reunite with his former teammate on Wednesday morning.

"I really don't know that much about them," Drayton said. "I know Cordell (Hudson) is going there and that it's in New York, but that's really about it.

"They probably started recruiting me a few weeks ago. Cordell messaged me and told me the coach's number and to call him. They said they need a difference maker and want players like me to come in and play."

Drayton, who has additional offers on the table from the likes of Indiana, Iowa, South Florida and Marshall, has yet to pick Hudson's brain on his latest BCS scholarship offer, but you can expect his former teammate to try to lure him to the Empire State before it's all said and done.

"I actually haven't really talked to him about that yet, but I'm pretty sure that conversation will come up soon," Drayton said.

The rising senior anointed Iowa as his early leader when Scout spoke with him a couple of weeks ago. After registering some additional offers, do the Hawkeyes still have the slight advantage in his recruitment?

"Yeah, I can say that," Drayton said.

Drayton says he's garnering interest from Missouri, Boise State and UCF.

This kid has terrific size/length. Definitely more of a north/south runner, doesn't look like he's going to break a lot of ankles with lateral quickness but then again, his junior highlights are mostly defense so it's hard to tell. Physically reminds me a bit of Mike Williams.

What would we take him as, Safety or WR? As a safety, he is a ball hawk and he is not afraid to tackle and looks to be a excellent open field tackler also. As a wr, he has good hands and goes up really high for the ball. The only thing I'm not to sure of is his speed and yac. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom