Sandpoint, ID | Syracusefan.com

Sandpoint, ID

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Had a wedding in Priest River, ID. Flew into Spokane, stopped in Newport, WA, as well.

However, went out in Sandpoint, ID. Really cool town. Breweries, restaurants, etc. Has a "beach". Cool running/hiking trail right near the water. Actually got to meet a friend from Cuse that lives about 20 miles north.

Really had no expectations (outside of wondering why anyone would have a wedding in Priest River, ID) and just was pleasantly surprised at Sandpoint. There was serious smoke from the wildfires, but besides that, if you are in the area at all, I'd highly recommend stopping by.

Fish, swimming, food, beer/cocktails/wine, can walk downtown really easily. I went running on the trail on the water. Stopped at a few breweries. Just a cool town if you're in the area.

That's so random. I had family move there back in the 1970s, so have been there 5-10 times. Glad you discovered such a cool town. They have good skiing in the winter too

Sorry to hear they are getting the wildfires. Hopefully won't be too much damage

Last edited:
That's so random. I had family move there back in the 1970s, so have been there 5-10 times. Glad you discovered such a cool town. They have good skiing in the winter too

Sorry to hear they are getting the wildfires. Hopefully won't be too much value

Ha, small world! Very cool place. Everyone seemed used to the "smoke season" they have at the end of summers now. Kind of crazy.

Last edited:
Had a wedding in Priest River, ID. Flew into Spokane, stopped in Newport, WA, as well.

However, went out in Sandpoint, ID. Really cool town. Breweries, restaurants, etc. Has a "beach". Cool running/hiking trail right near the water. Actually got to meet a friend from Cuse that lives about 20 miles north.

Really had no expectations (outside of wondering why anyone would have a wedding in Priest River, ID) and just was pleasantly surprised at Sandpoint. There was serious smoke from the wildfires, but besides that, if you are in the area at all, I'd highly recommend stopping by.

Fish, swimming, food, beer/cocktails/wine, can walk downtown really easily. I went running on the trail on the water. Stopped at a few breweries. Just a cool town if you're in the area.
My wife's uncle built a wood cabin on Priest Lake a few years ago. Looks to be pretty close. Hoping to get out there in the next year or 2.

My wife's uncle built a wood cabin on Priest Lake a few years ago. Looks to be pretty close. Hoping to get out there in the next year or 2.

I heard that Priest Lake was great. Priest River is pretty tiny (the town). The location where the wedding was was very scenic.

Heard Priest Lake was beautiful. It wasn't too far north from the town. It's an easy drive from Spokane Airport. Sandpoint is prob like 45 mins from Priest Lake if you are there. Just a great driving area with the mountains and small towns. You aren't on highway, but fun driving.

Been wanting to visit Sandpoint ever since this post 3 years ago and just booked the flights to Spokane for June.