Saratoga Opener on Friday- degenerates feel free to post hot picks! | Syracusefan.com

Saratoga Opener on Friday- degenerates feel free to post hot picks!

I need the tips.

I lost $100 on the last day of Belmont this Sunday.

Stupid to be betting on ponies likely headed to the Finger Lakes...

I need the tips.

I lost $100 on the last day of Belmont this Sunday.

Stupid to be betting on ponies likely headed to the Finger Lakes...

Here is one guy's opinion.
Mike “Slim” Spector‏ @SaratogaSlim 48s48 seconds ago
More
#Saratoga opening day Stakes double tout: NONNA MADELINE / GOODTHINGSTAKETIME

Turf course is going to be like a paved highway... I would take some shots with a few higher priced front runners as 1 or 2 may get to the lead and not get chased down. I always enjoy taking some shots in the 2 year old maiden races as well. Some of these heavy favorites don't break and do get beat. Not talking straight win bets but in doubles, Pick 3-5 type bets.

For example in the 2nd race the favorite is first time Chad Brown starter who will be 3-5 and could very well win easy but I would also use a couple others just in case as many will single that horse in a mult-rcae type wager. Just watched too many 2 year olds do dumb stuff in their first race. Same with the Pletcher horse in the 5th. the 1 and 2 spots in dirt sprints at Saratoga is not a great spot especially for 1st time starters. You beat the favorite in the 2nd or 5th and there is $$$ to be made. Or you just single those 2 horses and hope for prices elsewhere. I like the two J Englehart horses in the 2nd. Pick 5 is the best bet in horseracing, IMO

The casual bettors on opening day/weekend bet the hell out of favorites. Or at least they bet all the value out of them.
All meet the casual bettor will bet Pletcher and Chad Brown. Ortiz brothers too. Value at Toga is tough

All meet the casual bettor will bet Pletcher and Chad Brown. Ortiz brothers too. Value at Toga is tough

Very true and I am not suggesting betting against these two is wise but when they don't win, that is where the money is. You can eliminate a lot of the competition in multi race wagers by beating Pletcher/ C Brown horses. Just have to choose your battles

Will they beat last year’s death toll?

Not sure. Ask PETA, I am sure they will be there to keep everyone informed and remind people how cruel it is to race horses. To each his own, but I suggest this thread isn't for you but there appears to be a few that are enjoying it and some just can't help themselves.

Last edited:
Beautiful day at the trackk even without winning money. had a strange day i had my number #1 selection on top 5 times but didnt win any Ex or Tri money.. if they had a 1 3 4 pool i would have been rolling. 33K showed up..

Last two races today. Had solid pick 4 going. Had 2 chad brown horses and Graham Motion horse the 5 ultra brat. Had the winner sister Charlie but lost the bob with the 5 at 15-1. Was live to 3 horses in last including the 7 at 25-1 lost the photo there too. Will pay on the pick 4 with the 7 at 25/1 was $9,700 for $1 and I had a $2 pick 4 going. Brutal.

Tomorrow a new day. Heading to track tomorrow

Good day Sunday at the track, rain scared a lot of people off. Got to see Monomoy Girl run. Best 3 year old filly in the country right now, was very very impressive

Beautiful day at the trackk even without winning money. had a strange day i had my number #1 selection on top 5 times but didnt win any Ex or Tri money.. if they had a 1 3 4 pool i would have been rolling. 33K showed up..

Great comment the other day by Andy Serling, "This place is amazing, when you think there is pace there is none, when you think there is no pace several horses go to the front", or words to that extent. I have had countless days like you described but the Spa is so challenging I don't get upset about it. No better way to spend a summer day. I will be up for the Whitney.

It is a great meet but I liked it better when it was shorter. I fall in line with the sometimes "less is more", and i get the money grab aspect of it, but the tighter schedule seemed to improve the fields and create more buzz.

here is something that has me perplexed. I have a PP from the DRF site and i have the sar. racing program from the same day.. both claim to have Beyers numbers.. They are not even close to the same number?

any ideas?

here is something that has me perplexed. I have a PP from the DRF site and i have the sar. racing program from the same day.. both claim to have Beyers numbers.. They are not even close to the same number?

any ideas?

The DRF is definitely the correct Beyers. I bet the Saratoga forum is either Timeform or Brisnet. Cant say with 100% certainty with regard to the Saratoga program but the beyer figures are always the ones in the DRF PP's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom