Savannah Ga | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Savannah Ga

I got an alert on this thread without realizing i'm the one who started it. :rolleyes: Never did a trip report like usual.

My recollections:
  • Flew allegiant. It was like flying down on an MTA train. Suited us fine.
  • I believe we went for a long weekend in early August - something like Thursday afternoon/Friday in Hilton Head, and Saturday in Savannah. Flew home Sunday morning.
  • Don't remember how we got back and forth from the airport to Hilton Head, then Hilton Head down to Savannah. Think we used a car service (not a ride share).
  • Did use lots of ride shares in Hilton Head.
  • We had a nice time in Hilton Head but it was not really our cup of team.
    • Didnt like how everything was separate/spaced out.
    • Had good dinners at Poseiden at Shelter Cove (umm Triple Tail) and Hudson's Seafood.
    • Visted Coligny and apparently got bombed on something icy and strong at Frosty Frog, all while very vocally professing my love to Mrs Shrmdougluvr (much to her chagrin and my kids' delight).
    • Stayed at the Marriott, which was fine. Kids liked the pool. Ocean was suprisingly warm. Beach was hard.
    • Visited the Coastal Discovery Museum. Enjoyed the walk. Kids petted various animals. Gave the Gullah gentleman making straw baskets a relatively large donation because F the Confederacy! (also I know this is virtue signaling)
  • Really enjoyed our brief time in Savannah.
    • Stayed at the Fairfield Inn i think. It was, you know, a Fairfield Inn.
    • Ate at the Little Duck Diner (amazing grill cheese); ice cream at Leopold's; and dinner at Crystal Beer Parlor (really enjoyed).
    • Did a trolly tour. Our guide was great. "Have a nice life. Follow your dreams."
    • Walked all over and got very hot and sweaty.
    • Riverwalk was meh but worth seeing.
    • Jones Street, the squares, and Forsyth Park were really beautiful.
      • Youngest had to take a #2 and we used Forsyth Park's public facilities. I stood guard for meth heads.
Will definitely go back to Savannah. Not hankering to go back to HHI, but suspect we will some day. Easy cheap flight and warm clean beach is a win.

Frosty Frog...every trip leads to a story like that. Awesome.

So you stayed in the Port Royal area which is isolated from the bar and restaurant district. Next time stay in the south forest beach or north forest beach areas. Walking or biking distance to Coligny and al, the other good stuff.

Hey , just rent our villa! It’s right where you want to be!

Are you down in HHI yet?

We are looking for day trips...love to visit.

Likewise if you want to checkout the St Augustine/Ponte Vedra Beach area

Are you down in HHI yet?

We are! Here to the end of April. We travel back and forth to Charelston at times to see our son.

I would totally do this. We do VRBO all the time!
If you see something you like on VRBO, see if the same place is on other platforms like Vacasa, Houfy, AirBNB, and book through them . You save on extra fees that VRBO like to tack on

If you see something you like on VRBO, see if the same place is on other platforms like Vacasa, Houfy, AirBNB, and book through them . You save on extra fees that VRBO like to tack on
Thanks for the tip. Have been seeing some ridiculous fees lately.

Thanks for the tip. Have been seeing some ridiculous fees lately.
If you ever consider visiting HHI, you can contact me directly... if ya know what I mean
foursome wink GIF by AwesomenessTV

Are you down in HHI yet?

Saint Simons Island and Jekyll island are two places I highly recommend you check out

I've been to Savannah once and Charleston twice, but both were in the middle of summer where it's just oppressive to walk around. I really want to make it back to both places in either the spring or fall.

going to Isle of Palms last week of June. That is one of the places along with Edmund Oast on the agenda to hit on our day in Charleston. Rodney Scotts for some whole hog and ribs.

Isle of Palms. Sounds like the nickname for my "girlfriends" in high school.

Speaking of going blind, that's what essentially happened to me on the weekend trip my wife and I went to Charleston. Food coma blind. My god, that place. I could barely fit the alcohol in my stomach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom