Saving schollies | Syracusefan.com

Saving schollies

orangemass

All American
I'm all for saving schollies and hitting the portal like real freaking hard... No need to offer B listers... Need talent upgrades all around... That and JuCo

This isn't the way it should be and I am concerned that this staff is becoming lax on recruiting and it is showing on the field. Hope I'm wrong !

LOL You are wrong
I wish he was wrong, but look at the last class. How many guys do we have w/ good offer lists? I also barely hear us mentioned with any prospects in the upcoming class. It has been crickets for months.

I wish he was wrong, but look at the last class. How many guys do we have w/ good offer lists? I also barely hear us mentioned with any prospects in the upcoming class. It has been crickets for months.
Something happened recently that surprised and alarmed me. We have been hearing for years that prospects wouldn't take us seriously because we didn't spend enough on facilities (because that's what really matters, right? but I digress). Throughout, though, I thought our housing was a positive. We had athletes living in nice places apart from the regular dorms, or some such.

So then we get an IPF, we're getting Dome upgrades, and along comes this recent $25M donation. And a former player (I think, also appearing in this thread) says that the money is sorely needed because our athlete housing is a contributing factor to poor recruiting with top prospects. What?

So what is the story? Is there anything we have that isn't a negative? Are we simply too far behind in the preposterous arms race that we are essentially sunk?

Because they're not lax about it.

If the results recruiting aren't what the program needs to improve it isn't due to lack of effort or attention
I don't think it's a lack of effort as much as a lack of recruiting connections in relevant areas, such as NJ, Ohio (an underrated Football state w/ only 1 P-5 school) etc. where we've had recruiting success in the not-so-distant past.

Wrong word to use for they are trying hard to land top recruits...my bad! Just think we are losing many battles and hoping that past yrs. OL recruits pan out for we need them in the worst way.

Wrong word to use for they are trying hard to land top recruits...my bad! Just think we are losing many battles and hoping that past yrs. OL recruits pan out for we need them in the worst way.

think being the operative word.

Sigh. We are "losing many battles" because we're offering SOOOO MANY damn dudes.

It's MATH.

We're offering like 300-400 guys a cycle now.
We can only take 25 max.

So - when 300-something other guys with a Syracuse offer end up elsewhere, it's not that we're "losing" them, it's just that when you cast a really wide net, and can only take 25 at most -
you're only going to be able to drag a small % of those onto the boat.

Tell me why I am wrong?

You think Dino Barbers is getting LAX with recruiting? Lmao, I imagine he’s got a cool pair of shades on, Hawaiian shirt half unbuttoned, with his feet kicked up on his desk most of the day.

I don't think it's a lack of effort as much as a lack of recruiting connections in relevant areas, such as NJ, Ohio (an underrated Football state w/ only 1 P-5 school) etc. where we've had recruiting success in the not-so-distant past.

Always great to have a QB coach from Texas so we can bring in 1 Texas kid that is ranked 112th in the state every 3 years.

The Juco route is a temporary bandage, we need to get some quality kids, coach them up and have them here contributing for 4 years.

We can plug some holes with Jucos but its not the long term solution

Whose on board now? Product this year is embarrassingly bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom