Say what you want about Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Say what you want about Rutgers

longislandcuse

Living Legend
...but with Eric LeGrand and the story today on SportsCenter about the field goal kicker with autism, they have some pretty inspiring stories.

Not enough for me to not wish utter destruction upon them at the hands of L'Ville tonight, but that story was pretty special. If you didn't see it, it was about a child with autism who was so inspired by the game winning fg against L'Ville that he told his parents he wanted to play football and be a fg kicker. Fast forward to now, hes in high school and they show the footage of him kicking a fg and just running down the sidelines in excitement. Awesome story! If you get a chance its definately worth watching.

...but with Eric LeGrand and the story today on SportsCenter about the field goal kicker with autism, they have some pretty inspiring stories.

Not enough for me to not wish utter destruction upon them at the hands of L'Ville tonight, but that story was pretty special. If you didn't see it, it was about a child with autism who was so inspired by the game winning fg against L'Ville that he told his parents he wanted to play football and be a fg kicker. Fast forward to now, hes in high school and they show the footage of him kicking a fg and just running down the sidelines in excitement. Awesome story! If you get a chance its definately worth watching.
Is he committed to Rutgers or something?

Yes, two tear jerking stories. Just like the human interest stories during the Olympics. Yipee. Their football program is still mediocre at best and the basketball program might actually have a crappier legacy than their football program at this point.

Go Cards!

That was a great story today about the autistic kicker. He had solid form too.

yeah... he definately kicks good field goals in the drive way...yeah

yeah... he definately kicks good field goals in the drive way...yeah
Really? Did you see the story.? The kid, who is autistic and functions at a 10 year old level developmentally (UNC possible offer) kicked the game winning field goal against one of the NJ state powers. (Tom's River, I believe.) A great, great story about the power of dreams and parents who allowed their child to pursue the seemingly impossible.

Eric LeGrand is truly an inspiration. The kid is one of the most genuine, friendly, and heroic individuals around. Amazing, considering all he has been through.

Didn't Eric LeGrand get hurt because he tackled with the crown of his helmet or spear the offensive player?

No doubt. But I wonder what happens when all the re-alignment excitement dies down, Schiano's recruits graduate and Kyle Flood's standing in the middle of some cornfield in the midwest/B1G trying to win with Syracuse's recruiting scraps from NY, CT, NJ and PA.

Just saying it is not heroic to play dirty. I am glad and amazed at his recovery, but he is the one that made the dirty hit, and he went through it because of that...let the ridicule begin

Just saying it is not heroic to play dirty. I am glad and amazed at his recovery, but he is the one that made the dirty hit, and he went through it because of that...let the ridicule begin
Really?

Dirty hit? It was a kickoff return.

No place in football to use the crown of your helmet...that is why I asked didn't he use the crown of his helmet to make a hit.

Didn't Eric LeGrand get hurt because he tackled with the crown of his helmet or spear the offensive player?
wow. just wow.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom