Women's Softball - SB Coach Leigh Ross Resigns | Syracusefan.com

Women's Softball SB Coach Leigh Ross Resigns

http://cuse.com/news/2015/6/3/SB_0603150633.aspx

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -
Syracuse University softball head coachLeigh Ross today announced that she has resigned her position with the Orange to pursue new opportunities.

"It is time for the next chapter for me and my family," Ross said. "My passion for the game remains strong and I intend to remain involved in this great sport, however, for the immediate future, I want to spend more time with Jared and Teagan as they finish high school and move on to the next phase in their lives. Syracuse will hold a special place in our heart and we are appreciative for the time we enjoyed in Central New York."

Syracuse University interim director of athletics Pete Sala said that assistant coach Mike Bosch will assume the head coaching position on an interim basis. Bosch just finished his third season at Syracuse. He was an assistant coach from 2010 to 2012 and returned to the staff prior to the 2015 season. Bosch was the head coach at Iowa Lakes Community College for 13 years (1997-2010), where he compiled a record of 525-236-2 and earned NFCA Midwest Coaching Staff of the Year twice (2010, 2006) and NFCA NJCAA Division II National Coaching Staff of the Year in 2008. His staff coached 28 All-Americans and 81 All-Region players in the 13-year tenure.

maybe im thinking too much into this... but seems fishy that this happens out of nowhere a month after Dan Dakich pulls out of JB's ball a few days in advance because of a scheduling mishap (his daughters prom)

i just dont understand how he can not realize the scheduling mishap at any point... and even if he didnt realize the mishap when he 1st signed on... how did he not find it sooner than just a few days out?

me thinks something happened.

be interesting to see what happens here. No AD in place to hire, and its tough to be a new AD and come in without any time to adjust and make a hire.

Yep, especially for returning students who can transfer and play right away at other schools.

maybe im thinking too much into this... but seems fishy that this happens out of nowhere a month after Dan Dakich pulls out of JB's ball a few days in advance because of a scheduling mishap (his daughters prom)

i just dont understand how he can not realize the scheduling mishap at any point... and even if he didnt realize the mishap when he 1st signed on... how did he not find it sooner than just a few days out?

me thinks something happened.

All that aside, Oliver Stone, but you knew that once that Rachel and Dakich got engaged, he was never going to move to The 315.

be interesting to see what happens here. No AD in place to hire, and its tough to be a new AD and come in without any time to adjust and make a hire.

My guess is that Sala probably has the authority to hire for this position.

All that aside, Oliver Stone, but you knew that once that Rachel and Dakich got engaged, he was never going to move to The 315.

forgot they got engaged.

still odd to me that he bailed so late on JB to attend daughters prom. Not like the prom date changed.

My guess is that Sala probably has the authority to hire for this position.

He shouldn't be hiring any head coaches/dept heads. No offense to Pete, but the next AD should get that opportunity as it's best for all parties.

CL how old are her kids? Are they still fairly young?

CL how old are her kids? Are they still fairly young?
I want to spend more time with Jared and Teagan as they finish high school and move on to the next phase in their lives

That was my initial thought when they got engaged. There was no way he was moving to syracuse. I figured she would try to find a job in the midwest

lol about the daughter and the prom. You GUYS don't have a clue. So typical of a divorced dad not being totally up on these things. You need the women around to constantly remind you. This is not at all surprising to me.

excellent point. I am not divorced (yet - joke) but could only imagine my planning skills especially around a daughter if I was.

I want to spend more time with Jared and Teagan as they finish high school and move on to the next phase in their lives
Tough on high-school aged kids to change schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom