SBN College Football Preview Mag | Syracusefan.com

SBN College Football Preview Mag

Very good write up. Shows the facts as they are and shows the potential of the players and the coach. Due to schedule strength, they have the Orange winning 5.5 games which is about right considering the recent history. However, I still think we pull off seven or more wins as these kids were in a several games where a few coaching decisions made the difference.

PhatOrange said:
100% of the offensive production returns.

And unlike lazy reporters/bloggers who predict our offense will somehow regress because it's a new system, this write-up actually acknowledges that we had a brand new system last season...

So some of us sold our souls to win the hoops title in '03. What are you (we) willing to do to win the Natty in football some day? I'll give you a hint on my end - I'm keeping my dog.
I'll give up Tullys Buffalo Tenders for a year.

Trueblue25 said:
I'll give up Tullys Buffalo Tenders for a year.*

* in favor of original Tullys Tender and/or Spicy Asian Tullys Tenders

* in favor of original Tullys Tender and/or Spicy Asian Tullys Tenders
The spicy asian tenders are sacrilegious and offensive

Trueblue25 said:
The spicy asian tenders are sacrilegious and offensive

Agreed. Just wasn't sure. I mean you like both Syracuse and Buffalo MACtion Football ;)

"Ohio State can't pull off the upset as Syracuse cruises to a 71-0 victory"

I can see it all now.

"and then a meteor wipes out the entire state of Ohio."

Perfection.

And unlike lazy reporters/bloggers who predict our offense will somehow regress because it's a new system, this write-up actually acknowledges that we had a brand new system last season...

100% is exactly why I see us throttling Colgate and why I put Wake, BC and UConn in the gimme categories.

They have us less than 50% to win against BC and I suspect that's because it's a roadie. But the game is in October and on turf. I expect a beautiful fall Saturday.

Wake is early October on turf too. That favors our speed and skill positions.

I'm less bullish about UConn because it's on grass. Sloppy weather favors them, but if it's a nice day then our offense should work them over. Sept24. Weather s/b be nice but you never know in the fall.

100% is exactly why I see us throttling Colgate and why I put Wake, BC and UConn in the gimme categories.

They have us less than 50% to win against BC and I suspect that's because it's a roadie. But the game is in October and on turf. I expect a beautiful fall Saturday.

Wake is early October on turf too. That favors our speed and skill positions.

I'm less bullish about UConn because it's on grass. Sloppy weather favors them, but if it's a nice day then our offense should work them over. Sept24. Weather s/b be nice but you never know in the fall.

BC and UCONN may have trouble scoring more that 14 points a game too. They have good defenses - but given what we know about Dino's system - scoring more than that won't be a problem at all (instead of 35-40, we score 28-30 vs these slow down meat head teams).

The Connelly predication has FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Louisville, Pitt, and Virginia Tech all as teams that could/will end up in the Top 25. This is big boy stuff. This is what we signed up for.

Now THAT'S a breakdown, an analysis, putting the work in and doing your research!!! Wow, excellent. Blows away all the others. Even Phil Steele, whom I love and have respect for didn't nail it like these guys. From tne projected 2 deep to accurate class and height/weight listings, right on!:)

Now THAT'S a breakdown, an analysis, putting the work in and doing your research!!! Wow, excellent. Blows away all the others. Even Phil Steele, whom I love and have respect for didn't nail it like these guys. From tne projected 2 deep to accurate class and height/weight listings, right on!:)
Bill Connelly is one of the best in the business and a must read during football season. Guy knows his stuff.

So some of us sold our souls to win the hoops title in '03. What are you (we) willing to do to win the Natty in football some day? I'll give you a hint on my end - I'm keeping my dog.
It's been so long, I might even do that for a 10-win season. If we can get 6, well ok, dino era year one. 7 wins - tremendous. 8, I'm wearing orange to work everyday. 9, I will gladly give up Columbus bread for the holidays. 10, holy, Coffee? Wow. Double digit wins. 11, I'll move back to Syracuse. 12, name my first boy Dino (it's Italian!). Natty, left nut.

It's been so long, I might even do that for a 10-win season. If we can get 6, well ok, dino era year one. 7 wins - tremendous. 8, I'm wearing orange to work everyday. 9, I will gladly give up Columbus bread for the holidays. 10, holy, Coffee? Wow. Double digit wins. 11, I'll move back to Syracuse. 12, name my first boy Dino (it's Italian!). Natty, left nut.

MF25PIO.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom