Schedule Rumors | Syracusefan.com

Schedule Rumors

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Thought it might be a good idea to have a post for rumors about future series we are scheduling for football.

Here is one. A UConn fan says a home and home with the Huskies will be announced soon.

If it happens, the earliest it could be scheduled would be 2022 and 2023. Assuming we do not move existing games...

Why give them a game?

Why not? We shouldn't be losing recruits to them anymore. We recruit the NE preps pretty hard these days. Easy away game for fans in NY/NE. Certainly a one-for-one shouldn't be in order, but I suspect there are plenty of P5 programs that will be looking to schedule a win against them.

It's no different than scheduling Army, Temple, or Buffalo at this point.

No team that’s a guaranteed win is a draw for us but we still need 2 or 3 of them a year. Might as well crush them.

This is a no-win game. Beat them? We're supposed to. Lose or play a close game? FIRE DINO!!! WE SUCK!!!!

Unless this is a one-off at home, or a 2-for-1, I don't like this at all.

But thanks, sutomcat, for the info and for giving us something else to rant about. :)

I don't mind this. Glorified FCS team but we get credit for the win and can still schedule another FCS game. But I live in CT so it's a quicker trip for me to the Rent than traveling to the Dome the other five or six times a year.

A 2 for 1 would make more sense, but playing at UConn is a nice treat for SU fans in the Northeast. There’s not a lot of these games anymore.
This would be a Friday night game you could make.

Aero Club best tailgate lot I've seen for visitors in all my trips (if only we didn't have to share it with butt-hurt Yukon fans)

I hope it’s Saturday.
Probably will be...but Yukon might have to move it to get TV. We'll see. A good chance they have a TV deal with SNY, so it might depend on the Mets schedule.

If SNY does the TV you gotta wonder if a 1-1 with UConn's game at Yankee Stadium could ever happen?

Last edited: