Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble? | Syracusefan.com

Schedule update: ACC-Big 10 Challenge? Georgetown? Carrier Dome bubble?

I definitely want to see Rutgers-Cuse. Time to remind them who the boss is.

Side note: I would love to see Cuse rotate a few old Big East teams. One year St. John's another Villanova or Providence. I think some connection back to the league would be nice (other than annually playing Gtown).

Athletic said we’re likely to play at the Mohegan Sun. Maybe we slide in here and play UConn?

So Duke, ND and Cuse pulled out of the preseason tournaments? Wonder if the ACC has something in mind...

I believe JB just said we have 7 OOC slots to fill. Not sure if that includes the Georgetown and B1G challenge games.

There was a story recently that said SU is focusing on booking teams based in NYS for OOC games. I think we have at least 5 to fill, maybe more.

With Patriot and Ivy League teams out, who is left?

Niagara
Canisius
Buffalo
St Bonaventure
Siena
SUNY Albany
SUNY Binghamton
Iona
Marist
St Francis (Brooklyn)
Hofstra
St Johns
Fordham
Manhattan
Wagner
LIU
SUNY Stony Brook

I am guessing they would prefer to focus on the schools closest to SU.

Guessing Niagara, with Greg Paulus now the HC, is close to a lock.
Would think Canisius and St Bona would be high priorities. Siena has to be right up there too.

I don’t think we have as much history with SUNY Albany And SUNY Binghamton but both would be strongly considered.

There might be reluctance to schedule UB in the quest to get as many sure victories as possible. Maybe not with the LSU game getting dropped.

Iona might be too far from SU and I would guess JB would prefer not to play Rick head to head.

So if we have 5 slots to fill, my guess is they will try and go with Niagara, Canisius, St Bonaventure, Siena and UB. If UB doesn’t work, one of the other upstate SUNYs (Albany or Bingo).

I believe JB just said we have 7 OOC slots to fill. Not sure if that includes the Georgetown and B1G challenge games.

There was a story recently that said SU is focusing on booking teams based in NYS for OOC games. I think we have at least 5 to fill, maybe more.

With Patriot and Ivy League teams out, who is left?

Niagara
Canisius
Buffalo
St Bonaventure
Siena
SUNY Albany
SUNY Binghamton
Iona
Marist
St Francis (Brooklyn)
Hofstra
St Johns
Fordham
Manhattan
Wagner
LIU
SUNY Stony Brook

I am guessing they would prefer to focus on the schools closest to SU.

Guessing Niagara, with Greg Paulus now the HC, is close to a lock.
Would think Canisius and St Bona would be high priorities. Siena has to be right up there too.

I don’t think we have as much history with SUNY Albany And SUNY Binghamton but both would be strongly considered.

There might be reluctance to schedule UB in the quest to get as many sure victories as possible. Maybe not with the LSU game getting dropped.

Iona might be too far from SU and I would guess JB would prefer not to play Rick head to head.

So if we have 5 slots to fill, my guess is they will try and go with Niagara, Canisius, St Bonaventure, Siena and UB. If UB doesn’t work, one of the other upstate SUNYs (Albany or Bingo).
Wonder if UVM might be considered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom