Scheduling Geeks Thread | Syracusefan.com

Scheduling Geeks Thread

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Okay...let's figure out how these schedules might look in the future.
My suggestions for games and comments in Orange.

Known games in blue.

• 08/31 - at Liberty
  • 09/07 - at Maryland
  • 09/14 - @FSU (Night Game)
  • 09/21 - Western Michigan
  • 09/28 - Holy Cross
  • too early for a bye...@FSU is open. Another option is @Duke but their game at MTSU would need to be moved (Edit: see both are open one week later).
  • 09/05 - Colgate (@ Schoellkopf Field Ithaca)
  • 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 09/19 - at BC
  • 09/26 - B̶u̶f̶f̶a̶l̶o̶ ̶H̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶O̶p̶e̶n̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶f̶.̶
  • 10/17 - Liberty
  • Cornell's stadium is only about 22,000 now. SU could set up some portable stands if it makes sense to increase it by 3-4k. Another option besides Colgate is to invite a 1-AA that will be happy with 250 tickets. One final thought is to buy an extra week of construction time and make 09/26 a bye week and move the opener to Oct 3rd.
  • 09/04 - @Buffalo (replaced UAlbany)
  • 09/11 - Rutgers
  • 09/18 - UAlbany moved from 09/04
  • 09/25 - Liberty
  • Playing Buffalo and Albany gives SU some ammo to ask the state for some $$$. Moving Albany's date gives SU another 7 days to finish some work.
  • 09/03 - B̶u̶f̶f̶a̶l̶o̶
  • 09/10 - Ohio
  • 09/17 - @UConn
  • TBA - Notre Dame
  • Buffalo comes back for the first of two road games to SU. Cuse travels to UConn for a 1 for 1 or a 2 for 1.

Last edited:
Can’t believe we’d play in a stadium that seats only 22K for our opener.

Could we shuffle off to Buffalo and play in the Bills’ stadium?

Another thing to think about. After Basketball is over in 2021 and 2022...Construction work on the inside could start in March. They could keep the Lacrosse crowds on one side of the stadium and essentially rope off huge areas to work.

First priority...keep STH'ers happy. After that it would be a tough ticket...but too bad.

cornell has the room to easily add 10K of portable seats. When we discussed this 1-2 yrs ago the pricing was pretty reasonable and even cheaper if they had to do it twice and leave some stuff up for a week or 2.. now whether cornell would go for it who knows..

If they can add 10,000 seats, it might work.
Adding that many seats would really necessitate using Cornell for 2 games over a couple week period to payback the cost. The stands they tore down held approximately 6-7k. If you play a school like Elon or Presbyterian which might accept a ticket allotment of 250-400 I think increasing it to 25-26,000 could be acceptable. It is Labor Day weekend and crowds are usually down.

Okay...let's figure out how these schedules
My comments in Orange

• 08/31 - at Liberty
  • 09/07 - at Maryland
  • 09/14 - @FSU (Night Game)
  • 09/21 - Western Michigan
  • 09/28 - Holy Cross
  • too early for a bye...@FSU is open. Another option is @Duke but their game at MTSU would need to be moved
  • 09/05 - Colgate (@ Schoellkopf Field Ithaca)
  • 09/12 - at Rutgers
  • 09/19 - at BC
  • 09/26 - Buffalo Home Opener of new roof.
  • 10/17 - Liberty
  • Cornell's stadium is only about 22,000 now. SU could set up some portable stands if it makes sense to increase it by 3-4k. Another option is to invite a 1-AA that will be happy with 250 tickets. Another thought is to buy an extra week and make 09/26 a bye week and move the opener to Oct 3rd.
  • 09/04 - @Buffalo (replaced UAlbany)
  • 09/11 - Rutgers
  • 09/18 - UAlbany moved from 09/04
  • 09/25 - Liberty
  • Playing Buffalo and Albany gives SU some ammo to ask the state for some $$$. Moving Albany's date gives SU another 7 days to finish some work.
  • 09/03 - Buffalo
  • 09/10 - Ohio
  • 09/17 - @UConn
  • TBA - Notre Dame
  • Buffalo comes back for the first of two road games to SU. Cuse travels to UConn for a 1 for 1 or a 2 for 1.

id rather play duke on 9/14 if were opening with 3 straight roadies

id be totally fine with this and plus side cornell stadium is like 10 mins from my apartment

to early to say, depends on what plans are for 2021 summer in the renovation plan

would be fine

id rather play duke on 9/14 if were opening with 3 straight roadies

I agree on @Duke. It would require MTSU and Duke agreeing to move their game one week later. Both are open that week according to fbschedules.com

Adding that many seats would really necessitate using Cornell for 2 games over a couple week period to payback the cost. The stands they tore down held approximately 6-7k. If you play a school like Elon or Presbyterian which might accept a ticket allotment of 250-400 I think increasing it to 25-26,000 could be acceptable. It is Labor Day weekend and crowds are usually down.
I can’t seem to find it, but I have to believe the ACC has minimum capacity for a conference member’s home football venue. I’d be surprised if this number met it

cornell could add 10K on the sidelines alone.. the endzone could easily double that. its a pretty big field thats mostly empty.

just so people know the cost of portable seating is somewhere between $25 and $50 a seat depending on how negotiations went. That the price i was quoted for 10k of seats from several companies who are in the business.

this would be raised seating with ADA code

this would include delivery, setup, and removal..

so if you do it for 2 games its a cheaper per game cost.

What happened to the idea that regular season schedules wouldn't be disturbed for the renovations?

I can’t seem to find it, but I have to believe the ACC has minimum capacity for a conference member’s home football venue. I’d be surprised if this number met it
Interesting...not sure it would apply since it is at Cornell. Even if they did require it...I bet SU could get a one game exception.

BTW, some of you (Ish) might be confused. Any game highlighted in Orange is just a guess by me. Only blue games are set so far.

What happened to the idea that regular season schedules wouldn't be disturbed for the renovations?
I don't think that was ever said. I believe they said we wouldn't lose a home season because of them. Moving games around so that the season is front loaded with away games or losing one home game isn't the same.

Colgate v Syracuse - 31K

CCSU v Syracuse - 30K

I don't think it's really all that crazy

I don't think that was ever said. I believe they said we wouldn't lose a home season because of them. Moving games around so that the season is front loaded with away games or losing one home game isn't the same.

The timing could be very frustrating. We have had 20 years of futility to renovate the dome. According to plan, this program might be ready to pop in 2020 and we will be playing over at Colgate. That's a bit rough.

The timing could be very frustrating. We have had 20 years of futility to renovate the dome. According to plan, this program might be ready to pop in 2020 and we will be playing over at Colgate. That's a bit rough.
Hopefully by then we will be way more concerned with where we are playing in January than where we play in September.

Buffalo is probably off the table...just announced guaranteed games against tOSU and Maryland in 2020 and 2022.

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock

by the time you removed the people who wouldnt travel to Ithaca and added the locals who never travel to Syracuse its probably a wash.. you might also make it an optional game in the season pass package and find many who would be glad to not have to pay or come to that type of game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom