Schiano wants Penn State if... | Syracusefan.com

Schiano wants Penn State if...

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
O'Brien goes to the NFL. Are you kidding me!!!
Dude should return to college coaching at a D3 school like Rowan and they may be too good for the bum...

O'Brien is only leaving Penn State IMO for a top 10 NFL job.
My top 10 NFL jobs in no order. San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Dallas, Pittsburgh,Green Bay, Chicago, Washington(without Dan Synder, but still its a top 10 job) New York Giants, New England

Houston, Dallas, Washington could all be open. I don't see O'Brien going to Minnesota or Detroit he is loyal to Belichick and I don't see him going to NY Jets. I think O'Brien could be a contender for San Fran job if Harbaugh actually takes the Texas Longhorn job and the San Fran job opens up.

I just can't imagine why Harbaugh would want to go back to the college game. Sure, the money at Texas is great. But a year long commitment to recruiting and stroking the egos of Longhorn alums sounds like a punishment to me.

My top 10 NFL jobs in no order. San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Dallas, Pittsburgh,Green Bay, Chicago, Washington(without Dan Synder, but still its a top 10 job) New York Giants, New England

Houston, Dallas, Washington could all be open. I don't see O'Brien going to Minnesota or Detroit he is loyal to Belichick and I don't see him going to NY Jets. I think O'Brien could be a contender for San Fran job if Harbaugh actually takes the Texas Longhorn job and the San Fran job opens up.
Every job in the NFL is a top job.

Even Jacksonville? :noidea:
yep.

salary cap.

and their attendence is at 89%, with the right QB that would be back to the high 90s like the TC years in no time.

Countless people on this message board have said that if the NFL comes calling you HAVE to go.

Every job is a top job.

yep.

salary cap.

and their attendence is at 89%, with the right QB that would be back to the high 90s like the TC years in no time.
I suppose the salary cap can be good or bad. If you're at a selector school it's bad, why would you want to work where the rules attempt to bring you back to the pack. If your at a school fighting for recruits, it's good. All that being said, I think O'brien is in a good situation where he can wait for a job that appeals to him. Penn St won't get rid of him, so he has job security with good pay. He can do his homework and pick a solid organization with good management.

This is the best christmas ever.

no such thing as a top 10 job in the NFL as far as coaching is concerned. You need to hope that you have an owner that gives you time and power to make decisions. Atlanta is without a doubt a better job than Wash and Dallas. I mean, by far. BY FAR.

you could make a legit case that Jacksonville is a better job than Dallas or Washington.

DANG! i need to read the entire thread before replying. I hate when i do that.

On the one hand, Schiano would recruit like crazy at Pennsylvania State University for Pedophile Harborers. On the other hand, nobody destroys players with potential like Schiano. I'm not sure how to feel about this possibility.

I wouldn't mind if Shiano took PSU job because then he gets to destroy Rutgers every year to make them irrelevant in football again. This would knock out another NE team from recruiting.

I'd presume that interest to be a one way street. Schiano has always wanted Penn State, and if they wanted him he would have been their coach instead hiring of O'Brien. He was still at Rutty when they were vetting replacements for Paterno.

PSU can do a lot better than Schiano. They have attendance issues for the first time, a failed NFL coach and a guy viewed as a minor league college coach ain't gonna cut it.

On the NFL , the Skins are horrid job except for the fact that whoever gets it will most likely be massively overpaid.

If Tom Brady dies of a propecia overdose, I want to be the new Mr Gisele Bundchen.

The idea that Schiano is going to get a prime coaching job after a career of mediocre douchebaggery is insane.

Schiano wanting PSU is the same as me wanting a Victoria secret super model. It has to be mutual. There is no way PSU is hiring schiano. They can do much better.

First, he was an assistant under Sandusky
2nd, he has been a failure in the NFL
3rd, he was the definition of mediocre at rutty, there fans/alums know that

Th pitchforks will be out in State College if they hire Schiano.

That being said, could PSU poach Golden? Would he consider PSU an upgrade?

Schiano wanting PSU is the same as me wanting a Victoria secret super model. It has to be mutual. There is no way PSU is hiring schiano. They can do much better.

First, he was an assistant under Sandusky
2nd, he has been a failure in the NFL
3rd, he was the definition of mediocre at rutty, there fans/alums know that

Th pitchforks will be out in State College if they hire Schiano.

That being said, could PSU poach Golden? Would he consider PSU an upgrade?
i agree with this, other than schiano being a NFL coach, there is nothing to his resume that make happy valley happy again.

golden might consider it an upgrade, but i cant see him leaving 1 probation era team for another.

the 1st domino will be texas, then the harlem shuffle begins.

I just can't imagine why Harbaugh would want to go back to the college game. Sure, the money at Texas is great. But a year long commitment to recruiting and stroking the egos of Longhorn alums sounds like a punishment to me.

I posted an article on recruiting from the LA times last week, that had quotes from nfl and college coaches, and i believe a few of them said they prefer the college game, instilling values on the kids, shaping them, molding them etc. With the NFL its more of a job, play football, see you at practice, see you at the game. Dont let me see your name in the news paper kinda thing. I thought i read somewhere that Harbaugh did enjoy College more than NFL.

I posted an article on recruiting from the LA times last week, that had quotes from nfl and college coaches, and i believe a few of them said they prefer the college game, instilling values on the kids, shaping them, molding them etc. With the NFL its more of a job, play football, see you at practice, see you at the game. Dont let me see your name in the news paper kinda thing. I thought i read somewhere that Harbaugh did enjoy College more than NFL.
It certainly is subjective. Despite the owner wanting him to stay and knowing what college recruiting was all about, Saban left an NFL job to go back to college.

Schiano wanting PSU is the same as me wanting a Victoria secret super model.

True. But at least Schiano doesn't spend hours with the PSU Admissions catalog.