Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities...

Not reporting positive tests. They cheat in every other off the field aspect, why would this be any different.

That and spending lots and lots of money on this. We are 6 figures a month on testing, JB is talking about chips on players.

I guess we’re pausing too, no?

Self reported again. @&$#%&@

The NCAA is supposed to be an amateur sports organization. The NBA is a private business.
Labor gets paid in the NBA.
Labor in college gets a education.
The games aren’t necessary for NCAA because it’s amateur sports.

If the NCAA wants to pay the labor then doing a bubble campus makes sense.
Why should basketball players risk their health when nonrevenue sports aren’t.

It’s a pandemic.
The professional sports league did an excellent job because they didn’t want their leagues to fold which without revenue would happen. The NCAA isn’t a for profit business it’s a nonprofit.

I don’t give the NBA credit for doing what they should do to survive which is create a safe environment and make money.

The NCAA doesn’t need to play they can and if the players want to play then fine but putting a bubble together takes the kids out of their campuses. If distance learning is the method of education how can it make sense to make these players play.
The cost the NCAA would spend wouldn’t be returned to the players.
I think this is a no brainer that the NCAA decided to announce a bubble. They lost a lot of revenue last year and will want to avoid that happening again.

Looks like this is a direct reaction to new restrictions imposed by the governor this week, not because of cases.

Union and RPI just announced they cancelled their hockey season.

I think this is a no brainer that the NCAA decided to announce a bubble. They lost a lot of revenue last year and will want to avoid that happening again.

I also don't really care if the season gets shortened the NCAA tournament field is huge and the selection committee has tough calls to make every year.

BPI and SOS might be out of whack but its only a thousand players you need to test and put in hotels over 3 weekends.

You know what would screw up the NCAAT? A week before all those teams going to conference tournaments with a dozen other schools. If you are going to be testing them hardcore you can't really allow conference tournaments prior and not expect a bunch of positives.

Not a lot of good news out there right now. Yes, I hope our season starts on time as I am completed bored and going squirrely. However, delaying it for safety sakes is fine with me. I just want to see some 'Cuse basketball before next summer.

If the NCAA isn’t meeting to at least consider an alternate schedule if this continues they are being completely irresponsible
Still can’t believe the ACC didn’t schedule extra time near the end of the season for makeup games. They did such a good job setting the schedule for football. It is disappointing no similar provisions were made for basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom