Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Schools pausing/cancelling basketball activities...

If the NCAA isn’t meeting to at least consider an alternate schedule if this continues they are being completely irresponsible
Moving the start of the season back and lowering the maximum number of games was short sighted. Having a shorter period of time to play a more restricted schedule isn’t a solution to this problem.

Keeping the same date, or even moving it up a week or two, and allowing teams to schedule 31 games would have made more sense. Throw in 2/3 MTEs instead of just 1 along with it. Programs would have had more time to makeup games and could have been more flexible with scheduling.

But here we are

Still can’t believe the ACC didn’t schedule extra time near the end of the season for makeup games. They did such a good job setting the schedule for football. It is disappointing no similar provisions were made for basketball.

Along with Syracuse, I follow my parents alma maters Iowa and Wyoming and the only conference that has scheduled with any logic and like we are dealing with the pandemic is the Mountain West. I don't understand it.

I know I sound (read) like a broken record, so maybe this will be the last time I post it...
there's simply no way a bunch of other "big" "important" programs haven't had players/staff test positive. I would wager that the % of honest reporting and prescribed pausing action by high-majors with covid-positives is 20-30%.
Like pretty much anything else within the NCAA, this is a sham

We were supposed to play Florida on Friday in the Mohegan Sun bubble. There are posts on our board that we're now going to play Arizona State there instead, since we both lost our opponents.

teams need to go into every other week bubbles, play round robin 4 game schedules, and go home. especially teams playing in states with no real rules.

This season will be hilarious. What’s the minimum threshold of players needed to play in basketball? There is a limit in football.

I hope I'm wrong but the way things are going this Bryant game feels like it could be a lot like the UNC game earlier in terms of what comes next...
I think most schools going virtual after Thanksgiving (and in many cases before the holiday) and not having students return will help. Not sure what's going to happen in the Spring semester, though. Hopefully vaccine distribution will be able to start acting as a hedge against the sort of waves we are currently experiencing. Slick Rick suggesting a delay until May would have probably been the safest bet.

Getting more and more pessimistic. And that goes for my son's senior HS season as well. Which will lead me to a very dark place.

Getting more and more pessimistic. And that goes for my son's senior HS season as well. Which will lead me to a very dark place.
Hang in there!

Damn man - really hope they don't cancel the season for him. Fingers crossed.

I think most schools going virtual after Thanksgiving (and in many cases before the holiday) and not having students return will help. Not sure what's going to happen in the Spring semester, though. Hopefully vaccine distribution will be able to start acting as a hedge against the sort of waves we are currently experiencing. Slick Rick suggesting a delay until May would have probably been the safest bet.

I'd surmise that college athletes would literally be the last ones to receive a vaccine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom